2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,495 posts in this topic

Well I don't know if this will come out in this post but today I typed up a basic Torque Value Chart for the nuts and bolts I remove the most.

WR PART FT/LBS TORQUE IN/LBS TORQUE

Seat 17 204

Radiator Shrouds 4.3 51.6

Fuel Tank 6.5 78

Engine Guard 5.1 61.2

Oil Filter Cover 7.2 86.4

Oil Drain Bolts 14 168

Front Axle Holder 15 180

Front Axle 65 ---

Rear Axle 90 ---

Valve Cover 7.2 86.4

Spark Plug 9.4 112.8

Upper Motor Mount 40 480

AIS Valve Mount 5.1 61.2

Spark Plug – NGK / CR8E – Gap = .028-.031

Well the "table" did not copy over but you can figure it out the first number is ft/lbs and after the space is in/lbs.

I keep this chart in my tool box and it saves me from looking things up in the book.

Sounds like an electrical problem, probably the coil, when they crap out they still work fine when they're cold but fail when hot, hence the starting and running fine initially then it refusing to start/run for any period of time again.

Went and checked the coil like you suggested and found it was indeed the culprit. Got it replaced and now it runs again:banana: Thank you again for the heads up on that:thumbsup:

Steve

Installed a set of Fastway F6 pegs on my 06:

scaled.php?tn=0&server=690&filename=en9i.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

The thing is I installed them in the low-boy position, which all the info says you cannot do on the 2006 WR450F. I had no trouble installing them in the low-boy position. What gives?

After finally getting it running and back together I took it for a 45 mile ride in my truck only to find out my 15 year old left his boots at home:banghead:

Steve

got a new boot this weekend.... on my broken left ankle on mine....

not much fun

who knew 70psi wouldnt pop the bead... but blow the tube... ? and then blow the bead off the rim....

got a new boot this weekend.... on my broken left ankle on mine....

not much fun

That sucks :banana:

who knew 70psi wouldnt pop the bead... but blow the tube... ? and then blow the bead off the rim....

I never dare going ove 50....

Good luck with that, Jay. Heal well. :banana:

"I" on the other hand:

Dug a 100' trench, 20 1' holes, 4 2' holes (in decomposed granite, mind you),

planted 10 Malbec vines and 4 pine trees, (10 Zinfandel vines and another pine tree are waiting for today...)

mixed 5 'barrows of compost and dirt, hauled 6 barrows of DG,

and laid 60' of drip watering (another 200' is sitting in the truck)

and looked in the garage as I was putting the tools away, knowing that I wasn't going riding this weekend. :eek:

I installed a vapor tech trail speedo. Hooked the rpm wires to the coil, as well as the power wires and everything works except the tachometer. Any suggestions as to how to make the tach work?

Well I started on the simple task of cleaning the air filter in prep for Friday's planned ride with my daughter. Then I noticed the stock filter has split at the seam so I purchased a new TwinAir and oiled and installed that.

Oil change today, and put my mirrors and tail light back on (took them off to ride sweep for a local race). Swiped the plate of my street bike and am going to risk about 10 miles of pavement, and 20 of dirt to get to work tomorrow.

Then 40 miles with a coworker, weds. morning after we get off work.

I installed a vapor tech trail speedo. Hooked the rpm wires to the coil, as well as the power wires and everything works except the tachometer. Any suggestions as to how to make the tach work?

I spliced the tach wire into the coil wire and soldered the wire in place and my tach works flawless you might want to recheck the connections too

I hooked both the power wire and the rpm wire to the coil wire, do you think that could be a problem? I wrapped them around the connector on the wire side. I was contemplating solder and heat shirink tubing which I have, if it worked how it is now, but, no worky. Any suggestions on where to hook the power wire too?

Fren Tubo braided hoses on, bled the system and dropped on a YZ450F open race can.

WOW what a difference! Never knew the stock can choked the bike this much!

yes it does...going to ortho today

no surgery... boot for about 6 weeks...

have it marked on the calendar... sept 5

Grats Jay!

Ground squirrels destroyed all the vines (20) in 3 days (even ones that didn't get planted yet). Still haven't been on the bike due to work. Meh.

Grats Jay!

Ground squirrels destroyed all the vines (20) in 3 days (even ones that didn't get planted yet). Still haven't been on the bike due to work. Meh.

thanks..

we had ground squirrels real bad last year.. went to a feed store and got some tainted grain to put in the holes... not near as many this year...