What did you do to your WR today?

Started the after break in maintenance. Checked the valves and tore into those bearings. Ohh ya they were ready for some new love! I just have the swing arm and the steering left. Enjoying getting to know the WR better.

Busted a hole in the side of the case cover right by the oil fill hole and dumped all my oil out on the trail and got to push it through a river and 4 miles down the road to the truck... Your new skidplate is looking pretty appealing right now haha

Well my WR treated me well racing again this weekend, was an epic race, 75km, alittle over 2.5hrs. Still had a minor mechanical issue that had me scrambling 15mins before the start. Checked all my bolts the night before, EXCEPT my PMB endcap. Went for a 30min ride in the AM to warm up before the race. Well when I get back my silent insert is gone and one bolt that's stripped is holding my endcap on. Had to McGyver some bolts that didn't really fit and was ready minutes before my start. Ending up having a good start for once and pushing for second for the first half of the race until I missed the A/B split ?

Still ended up with a decent finnish and my endcap still on my exhaust by 1.5 bolts :banana:

Here's a couple shots from the Endurocross section.

Log jump with my son watching

monkeywrench10026.jpg

Landing the bridge gap jump

monkeywrench10063.jpg

This is a VERY good picture ?

Thanks, that's what I thought to :banana:

I guess I'm gonna have to stop giving my wife a hard time about always missing the good shot with the delay in the digi cam?

But she did miss the moment on the next shot.......

The crash ?? ?!?

Nah, only went down once in the race out in the boonies. came out of a mud hole across a wood bridge into a 90 degree corner hot. Went to brake slide the corner, and you know what happens :banana:

I was meaning the air before the landing on the next shot. It was a teeter totering bridge that if you just came in hot you could air it about 10ft rather than slowing down and waiting for the bridge to tip down?

Nah, only went down once in the race out in the boonies. came out of a mud hole across a wood bridge into a 90 degree corner hot. Went to brake slide the corner, and you know what happens ?

I was meaning the air before the landing on the next shot. It was a teeter totering bridge that if you just came in hot you could air it about 10ft rather than slowing down and waiting for the bridge to tip down :banana:

i think that race was on tv on versus here... that bridge lookd kinda spooky...

way to go...

i think that race was on tv on versus here... that bridge lookd kinda spooky...

way to go...

It was a BC regional race so I don't think you saw it on TV but yes the bridge was commiting. As long as you didn't slow down things were fine but if you hesitated it would kick your rear up and things could get kinda messy. Somebody broke there tailbone there ?

• Like 1

It was a BC regional race so I don't think you saw it on TV but yes the bridge was commiting. As long as you didn't slow down things were fine but if you hesitated it would kick your rear up and things could get kinda messy. Somebody broke there tailbone there ?

wished i knew where it was.... i was at a restaurant eating and the wife said there was "motorcycles an trees" on behind me....switched seats so i could see it, about all i saw was the teeter-totter bridge...and the end of the race..

way to go again... great pictures...

Well mine got a going over and cleaned, oil change, cleaned a few air filters, clean/lube chain and a new rear tire for the Canadian Enduro Championship BC round this weekend. Gonna be 10hr+ on the saddle racing this weekend ?

Your :banana: is gonna be sore!

How are the 06 YZ cams working out with the e-start?

It works so rarely and takes so many revolutions to fire that I don't really bother trying anymore?

But when hot, the bike is redicously easy to kick, first kick every time she's running. Cold mornings at high altitude is another story. With the HC piston and YZ cams it's a bitch, lot's of compression and gets stuck on the compression stroke almost every kick. It can be painful ?

Bike is almost impossible to stall as well now, it has so much low end it will chug through anything. Even when I dump the bike if the rear wheel is in the air she keeps chugging away, I pull in the clutch, jump on and continue?

I'm torn between putting the WR exhaust cam right now. I just love the power delivery I have now so much that I'm taking living without the estart.