2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,502 posts in this topic

What rear tire do you run, the one thats in this pic jhendr?

michelin m 12 130 80 18..

michelin tire sizes are wierd..

the gas gas behind it has the same m12 120 90 18 i think..

awesome tires, that is a medium terrain

Look'n good! :thumbsup:

How do you like the over sized brake peddle?

The oversized pedal is a huge bonus for me, but it's been a long time since my old pedal resembled anything normal. Second OEM pedal and it's been bent mutiple times in towards the cases. Lot's of trying to bend it back but it would always be really tight to the case and hard to have a positive feel. I actually had a bad crash last year pre running a race, came in hot to a really steep gnarly downhill, missed the rear brake pedal initially and had the uncontrolable descent into a big pile of logs at the bottom. Took the wind out of my sails and some good bike damage I had to Mcgyver up for race day the next day.

So now I have a back brake I can have some confidence in again, long overdue :)

It's actually a little long for my liking, I like to have the front part of my arch of my foot on the pegs while I brake, but with this pedal it's more like my heel is butted up into the peg. But other than that it's a little lighter than stock, seems alot beefier, tighter tolerances in the bushing, has the folding tip with lots of pad room and replaceable cleats which they give you another set :lol:

gasgaspilot; wicked wheelie mate!! you using a gopro head cam? where abouts in aus are ya?

Cheers

Rob.

Cheers Rob, yea using a Go Pro HD im is SA, were are you from?

yeah cant beat em ay. i bought one about 2 months ago best investment ever, are you using the full rear cover or open?

im up in sydney. nice country in that vid mate would love to live amongst that stuff!

cheers.

Rob

full rear door , I wasnt that impressed with the wind noise I think mine is worse than others though? so after doing this vid I now stick a tiny bit of foam between the mic and cover and it makes wind sound better

Whats the advantage to the GYTR Clevis?

Tighter tolerances for a better feel.

Also looks bling :thumbsup:

I picked up my suspension but now have to wait until next week to get the bike back together.

Steve

Replaced fork seals and battery, changed oil and air filter, mounted up new set of Pirelli MT16's. Rained here for about 2 hours tonight. Looking forward to trying them out tomorrow.

Installed my suspension today after the third revalve by Factory Connection. Unfortunately can't ride tomorrow due to minor helmet malfunction so out on the Superduke instead. Bummer. Rode bike down alley doing nose wheelies and jumping up and down on the pegs and I think they may have it right this time.

I am jonesing to ride this thing!