2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,502 posts in this topic

I installed a new Race Tech rear spring. My fat ass has been riding around 3 years on a under sprung bike. Looking foward to this weekend to see how it is.:thumbsup:

Please say that you did the fork springs too. If you didn't, the stiffer rear spring will cause your front end to "sag" (since that's where the weight will transfer to) and that changes the steering head angle making the bike twitchy if not dangerous.

Wow! A bit pricy :thumbsup: Think I'll go this route

http://www.ebattonline.com/

yeah, not cheap but if the replacement holds up like the original It's not that bad. I looked into a couple of the lithium batteries out there, but the reviews were pretty mixed and the price is about the same. I think I'll wait til they work out some more bugs before jumping on that bandwagon.

I finished most of my project yesterday. I installed the Tusk brand enduro kit, with hi/low switch, turn signals, brake light, mirror and horn. I've never done anything like it before, so it took awhile but it was relatively easy. I also installed new Tusk T-10 handlebar, grips, brushguard, No-Toil filters and fluid(s) changed. The Bike passed the state inspection no sweat. Next Im "cowboying up" and im gonna switch out my tires to the Kenda Trak-master k760s. Agressive tread and still DOT.

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae188/mntnchild123/bike%20stuff/streetleagalstuff002.jpg

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae188/mntnchild123/bike%20stuff/streetleagalstuff003.jpg

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae188/mntnchild123/bike%20stuff/streetleagalstuff005.jpg

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae188/mntnchild123/bike%20stuff/streetleagalstuff008.jpg

Intalled Rekluse - Z Start Clutch and changed the water pump seals and bearing. The shaft was good, so it went back in. Also installed a new Guts Racing Tall Seat and new Cover. Installed an hourmeter, and changed the oil and cleaned the air cleaner. Washed it, and got it all dirty again.:thumbsup:

Stock computer died so I installed Trailtech Vapor easy install and works good so far tach works solid I soldeerd the wire on the coil terminal instead of wraping around.Also install new front tire Dunlop 756 it looks like it should work great in sand and soft terrain.:thumbsup:

Stock computer died so I installed Trailtech Vapor easy install and works good so far tach works solid I soldeerd the wire on the coil terminal instead of wraping around.Also install new front tire Dunlop 756 it looks like it should work great in sand and soft terrain.:thumbsup:

my new trailtech vapor just arrived saturday, gonna install it sometime this week.

What settings did you use for the temperature and shift lights?

my new trailtech vapor just arrived saturday, gonna install it sometime this week.

What settings did you use for the temperature and shift lights?

I used 220 for high setting 240 for danger

8000 rpm for shift 11000 rpm danger

I just put these in this weekend and haven't had a chance to ride due to illness to see how these settings work they are just preliminary.

ok, thanks, sounds like a good place to start anyway.

Cant wait to get the vapor mounted and try it out.

Installed my new Guts seat :thumbsup:

Tall medium foam and factory edition cover. The 3 ribs in the back are really grippy, sort of the same idea as a seat bump, they hold you in there.

I'd say the medium density is a little softer than stock. My old foam was water logged big time from the tear in my seat :)

Not a perfect install but it was my first :lol:

seat034-1.jpg

seat033.jpg

seat037.jpg

Sold my 2002 WR 426, and picked up 2006 WR 450 stock. Uncorked it yesterday, along with grey wire, air box, and throttle stop mods.

Being shipped is: IMS 3.1 tank, UFO YZ rear fender w/light, SS oil filter, New tires, Plastics, JD kit.

I'm so stoked to have the elder button.

I was going to do before and after pics, but I got to excited.

Thanks. I ordered a CR high bend with Turner mounts. I hope it fits. The 426 I sold was set just right bar wise. Wish I could have stripped it before I sold it.

Finally getting my rear suspension back together after pulling to clean and grease the bearings. Had to replace some of the bearing in the lower linkage as they were dry and totally cooked.

Do it now before it's too late!

Looking at a stator and lighting upgrade soon as well as an upcoming trip will likely mean hitting the trail before sunrise.

Thanks. I ordered a CR high bend with Turner mounts. I hope it fits. The 426 I sold was set just right bar wise. Wish I could have stripped it before I sold it.

those mounts look just like the pro's... should work fine. i am pretty short 5'6" and did not want to raise mine up.. I set on a bike with these on it and liked them. I have also done the mini lows, but getting bark busters on was pretty tight... we will ride saturday and see how it feels..

Yesterday I took it for a blast down the street to try out the new autoclutch. I moved to a new X-ring chain, and a 15 tooth front sprocket to take away a bit of the explosiveness of first gear, but it didn't really help much. What's thrilling is now the clutch slips and lets the motor drop to idle, and then when you whack the gas, it hits good and hard in most every gear. In fact, I was doing 48 MPH according to the trailtech, and when I chopped the throttle in fourth gear, then slammed it open, the bike pulled the front tire way up in the air, maybe 10, 12-inches . Comfortable fifth gear cruising speed on the highway is now about 64 MPH. That's up 14 MPH from when I sported a 14/52 gearset. I'm now running a 15/48 ratio and it's a much more ridable bike.

I also dropped the front forks in the triple clamps to try and make it a bit more turnable in the woods. Previously it rode and felt like a straight-line desert racing bike. (Well, yeah I know it is--- ) I'm hoping that cinching the rear tire forward in the swing arm, and dropping the forks helps it turn a little better. I've also got a new set of high-rise Pro-Taper handlebars sitting here that should reduce the bar width by two or three inches over these desert bars.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it works on the trails!