2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,502 posts in this topic

What have I done to my WR lately?

Rode it hard for about 2 weeks straight every night!

Instead of riding last night, I made her a wheel chock, and a couple more for the wife's and son's rides, seeing that we're going on a road trip north on thanksgiving and the trailer has to be ready to go by then.

Installed an Edelbrock carb and a YZ cam. 1000 times better than before. The carb made jetting easy. Screw the FCR carb. It is a POS. The YZ cam gave me extra chugging ability for the tight, uphill, single track, switch backs. My bike is a pleasure to ride. Will be installing some gold valves next.

gold valves? isn't gold soft and heavy? i am fixing my headlight. i hit it with a large log and it broke the small, thin metal bracket at the top and the fastener setup at the bottom. now that it is getting dark at 7:30, i will need my light operational.

Stripped all graphics, new Maxxis tires, GYT-R pipe and header, 48 pilot jet, and washed. Waiting for Zipty metal hot start cable screw for the carb (dealer monkey messed up the plastic one while rotating the carb), then I'm going to try a 168 mj.

well not today but i got my 07 wr450f three weeks ago put over a hundred miles in the hills on it and love it,,

i have

cut the grey wire

opened the air box

changed the throttle stop screw

pulled the plug on the pipe

picked up my paddle tire

ordered a green 66 led whip which im hoping will run off the tail light

and installed the ais removal kit,

my issues, personally the ais kit said to change the jets after pulling the plug ang change fuel screw setting,, for my bike riding in california by silverwood,, that jet change was a bad move,, popping in the air box,, also left side while sitting on it the two flat head covers need to be watched they loosen and leak oil,,,, love the bike though

next

pipe and jetting before our dumont dunes trip on oct 25th through the 29th

i want to change to the white plastics with grey seat, im going with an irish theme so my number plates will be white with green shamrocks and white letering in the shamrocks

later

stabilizer

help

anyone know what jets to run for dumont and silverwood areas

and has anyone used the kings tire three rib front tire on a two wheeler in the sand,, does it help or is it a waste of cash,,,

ride hard live life and respect your fellow riders

I looked at it, took a deep breath and sighed, wish I was out riding today.

~Brian

most of us do that alot...

i ordered new springs! .48's and a 5.6 hopefully now i won't bottom out when i hit 80ft jumps:thumbsup:

Installed new grips, alum throttle tube, rear caliper guard, and skidplate. Checked it over and got it ready for 4 days of riding in Moab. Leaving in the morning for the great trip.

Looked at her today in the garage..she had a frown b/c she hasn't been ridden in a couple of weeks.

I'm gonna try to get around to putting the AIS back on tomorrow so that I can go to carnegie next sunday. They're one of the areas thats strictly enforcing smog pump violations and truthfully the $150 ticket isn't worth it. That money is better spent on booze and women :confused:

well not even an hour into the day and i've already had to pick my bike up off the ground... i was relaxing in the spa after running a couple miles and i heard a crash and then saw a cat run out of the carport... i think it mighta tryed jumping off/on it and knocked it over.:confused:

well not even an hour into the day and i've already had to pick my bike up off the ground... i was relaxing in the spa after running a couple miles and i heard a crash and then saw a cat run out of the carport... i think it mighta tryed jumping off/on it and knocked it over.:confused:

You spend alot of time in the spa don't you?

You spend alot of time in the spa don't you?

oh yeah... works wonders. i just saw one at the fair tonight that i'm wanting to get that had about 100 jets on it. the lounge had places for your legs to fit in with jets in those! to bad it was $10,000:thumbsdn: