2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,495 posts in this topic

Rode it for first time since the tendon injury it was great dirt was grippy it will still be while till I'm 100%.

Did my research and ordered a Turntech battery my 08. An hour later I read a post that mentioned it doesnt fit in the 08. Will see what happens when it gets here.

It fits. It just doesn't lay flat against the box like a stock battery. Not a perfect fit but everything will connect and go back together.

At least those are the reports I got back. Please report back if different.

Joe

Rode it hard at Paradise Valley on Monday:ride:And rode it hard at Rabbit Creek on friday:banana:It's great being back on the bike after my injury and great weather to go to riding:thumbsup:

With 5 inches of snow on the ground .....and no riding for several months!

the Shock seal was blown out from last seasons ride fest.

so.....read threads, download PDFs adn get busy with it.

Linkage fully greased

Swing arm fully greased

Leaky fork seal fixed

added fork neoprene sliders

Head bearings fully greased

New Xring chain

New sprockets front and rear

New Fredette chain guide (destroyed the stock one rock hopping in Utah)

shoegoo'd the chain slider to the swingarm to keep that rubbing from occuring.

Shock is off the bike and i put a new Alls Balls seal in it, the full unit. Used Pro circuit suspension oil. cleaned it all up Ill post pics someday when i can edit them down.

Stuff left to do.

Check valves

Repack silencer its an FMF Q, teh old style

Need to find a better filtration for the carb vent hoses, dirt is definatly coming up those and into my carb and precious motor

i picked up a used 08 wr450f with only 270kms on the clock last week, so far the mods have been GPR V4 sub mount stabilzer, force rad guards, procircuit t4 exhuast, yz cam, yz carby, yz suspension, rekluse exp core clutch, replace the australian adr headlight with the us version, steg pegz and a 10.5l fuel tank for the longer rides. mods still to come are a lighter battery, procircuit header pipe, and thinking of removing the stock speedo and read out replacing it with a gps unit. and last but not least a visit to ringmaster graphics for some custom graphics to finish it off.

Edited by fletch54

It fits. It just doesn't lay flat against the box like a stock battery. Not a perfect fit but everything will connect and go back together.

At least those are the reports I got back. Please report back if different.

Joe

Battery is in. I had to extend one wire and re-route two others but it was worth it. It sits flat in the bottom and starts better than it ever has before.

DSC_0027Small.jpg

installed the Tubliss system Frt and Rear, no rides on em yet.

I’ve often wondered how well those work. Let us know!

Is the tank from a KTM Adventure 640 or custom?
Yep, they're the 30L versions from the KTM 640 (actually manufactured by Acerbis), fitted with some custom made supports (see me website!) :thumbsup:

Bought one!!! :thumbsup: Found a 2006 with only 40 very light miles on it. Almost showroom condition. Completely stock. Unfortunately, been sitting for the last two years with the same gas. Been lurking around here for the last few weeks so I'm pretty familiar with the mods I need to do. Since I'll be rejetting, the carb will get a good cleaning. So now I have a YZ125, YZ250, WR450F and an FZ1! I think I have the bases covered :ride: