2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,502 posts in this topic

No sparky and it`s around 98db but you can get a quiet insert will rob you of some power down low tough.Had a dragg test with one off my buddies, a 07 yz450 stock pipe but jetting was done and is fitted with the wr tranny.My bike pulls him from 2 to top end on a sandy 800 meter strip.Believe me its the fmf pipe that does all the work!!

oh ok thanks, i need a pipe thats 96db and has a sparky.

What was the average speed.

The most I've ever ridden in a day was 102 miles in the woods (mixed trails) and that was an all day thing.

I'd imagine 150 miles in the dez with an average speed of 60 mph would be a cakewalk

Thats pretty fast bro :thumbsup:

I added fork air bleeders, Acerbis brush gaurds, magnetic oil drain plug, Zip-ty fuel screw, Removed AIS, disassembled and greased rear suspension linkage, JD jet kit, and White Bros E2 slip-on exhaust. Took about 3 days working on and off...I have a wife too. lol

this... it was about a 30 ft. jump, you can't see the take off but you can see the step up i was hitting after i landed. this is 3 different times

jump.jpg

landing.jpg

crash.jpg

i forgot to mention that the wind kicked up in the last one a literally blew my bike into an unwanted whip... the jump was pretty straight and had never kicked the back of my bike out like that before

Red, I must say you have a lot of time and a strong elbow! Looks great. Ciao JP :thumbsup:

yeah, it took a while, thanks. i had to sand it with 80 grit first to get the clear off but then went all the way to 1000 grit. used a buffing wheel atached to a angle grinder with some rouge. deffinatly an all day thing but my friend charges $250 to do other peoples frames and swingarms for them so i saved some$$$ and did it myself.

Hmmm... rode about 2 kms in the shallow creek knee-deep and crossed some wheel-deep fords on the weekend so changing oil today. And lubing swingarm and stuff... Guess need to take apart the fork and change oil/seals too as had 4 (!) front wheel punches within a 112 km ride... Some ordinary size boulders in the creek really hit back into the bars... And a race next weekend too...

Always envy you guys how you keep yer bikes shiny and stickery... Mine CRF was too while I was riding in arabian deserts. Now in local bush and wet and dirt none of the stickers can last 3-4 decent rides...

a pepsi can would of matched the bike better:p

When the fuel starts sloshing on the jewls the issue of color somehow fades to the back of the mind. With that said, your right and I'll try to remember that if the occasion comes up again. :thumbsup:

When the fuel starts sloshing on the jewls the issue of color somehow fades to the back of the mind. With that said, your right and I'll try to remember that if the occasion comes up again. :thumbsup:

Nothing worse than fuel on the jewls :thumbsup: