TT REVIEWED!   06/27/2017

Fasst Company Impact Adventure Foot Pegs
2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,502 posts in this topic

had a new bag put on the back end.

a Kenda 'Carlsbad'

..and its been nice and wet 'round these parts too :crazy:

Almost sold it due to marital discord. Pulled my head outta my butt, kissed hers, and kept my bike.

Sacrificed my pride for the ride.

Almost sold it due to marital discord. Pulled my head outta my butt, kissed hers, and kept my bike.

Cheaper to keep her.

I feel your pain!! Her= :crazy:

you=:eek::lol::thumbsup:

1 person likes this

I put a BRP upper tirple clamp with rubber mounts for the handle bar perches. Pro Taper evo bars carmichael bend in black. K&N air filter and oil filter. Fresh oil. New brake fluid. I cut a little foam out of the seat. Now i can get my toes on the ground whoa yeah! I've done all of the free and easy mods. and i made it street legal for montana too. I love this bike! took it down to the ST Anthony sand dunes late this winter. It was 9 degrees, had to kick like 100 times to get it started. Crossed at least 1 mile of deep snow to get to some sand. With a paddle tire you can go anywhere (almost) it was still rad can't wait to go back! Now i just need to find a decent exhaust that doesn't kill my funds. rock on you dirtbags

Added some farkels, then went for a 1000 mile dual sport ride the first week in May.

lhs_1024.jpg

forestry_1024.jpg

batesville_1024.jpg

sweet-water.jpg

Changed out the front fork seals and fluid. serviced the brake pads and caliper. Pretty easy job if you have the right tools:thumbsup:

new 420 big bore kit; not quite done yet. Beautiful head rework from Millennium in Wisc. Basically new motor for old bike.

Well....... it wasn't surgery in the end, probs getting the parts in time.

More like a check up.

I fitted the YZ cams and the rear shock, both worked out well. The cams do make a slight improvement in power, combined with the JD jetting kit. The YZ rear shock is better for hard trail riding than the standard WR.

Its now ready for a 700 k extreme trail ride in a couple of weeks and a 500 k desert race in August.

543620190_eVpR2-L.jpg

I know the tank isn't something you fitted in your last post, but how do you find the larger tank when you're on the bike? Do notice the weight/shape?

And is that an Acerbis or a Safari tank? I'm swaying between an IMS and what you've got - I know they are a couple of litres or so different in capacity.

I know the tank isn't something you fitted in your last post, but how do you find the larger tank when you're on the bike? Do notice the weight/shape?

And is that an Acerbis or a Safari tank? I'm swaying between an IMS and what you've got - I know they are a couple of litres or so different in capacity.

If they make a Clarke for your year grab it. It has been great. No difference in weight or handling. The Clarke is a 3.6 and I love it. My bike is an '07 and I was able to keep my original shrouds.

decided its time to clean er up - swingarm and wheels are off along with all the plastics.. its pamper time!

new chain and sprockets are on the way!

Like an idiot, I waited until tonight to pull the carb for KM jetting changes. We're leaving Saturday at 3:00 AM, and this is what my bike looks like right now.:thumbsup:

SydsSeniorAwards003.jpg

SydsSeniorAwards004.jpg

That tank is the Safari 16 ltr (4 gal ) and I've had it on the bike from the start. The safari tanks are the same width between the knees as the stock but carry most of the extra fuel lower. I got used to the extra wieght of the fuel pretty quickly and couldn't go back to the one now.

i taught it to fly. i rode at a friend's track. It's the first time i've ever really ridden a track, wow, that is a blast. almost makes me want to go for the YZF, almost. i'm surprised how well the soft suspension handles the jumps. I overshot the 30 foot table and the landing was no problem.:thumbsup:

willstrack54.jpg

willstrack87.jpg

willstrack4.jpg

willstrack65.jpg

There was dust at the track....

willstrack2.jpg

i taught it to fly. i rode at a friend's track. It's the first time i've ever really ridden a track, wow, that is a blast. almost makes me want to go for the YZF, almost. i'm surprised how well the soft suspension handles the jumps. I overshot the 30 foot table and the landing was no problem.:thumbsup:

willstrack54.jpg

willstrack87.jpg

willstrack4.jpg

willstrack65.jpg

There was dust at the track....

willstrack2.jpg

That's so awesome, I can hardly wait to go riding again!!

I've got to get a horn.