2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,502 posts in this topic

Installed Cycra stealth hand protectors (the roost only kind) and a ProCircuit Ti-4 GP pipe. :excuseme:

I've gotta say, the Cycra composite bracket sucks. It just isn't rigid enough and the shields vibrate to the point that they're visually annoying. I'm going back to Bert's and exchanging them for the aluminum bracket kind. (Fwiw, I refuse to ride with the closed bar brackets, but that's just me).

Grey wire mod and thottle stop. Dreamed of other possibilities and getting to test it out.

Verified that my pilot ckt is totally effed up. a/f screw all the way in? Idles fine and dandy. Will be pulling the carb tomorrow to see the jetting.

Picked up My new 2009 WR450f Saturday...Free mods done.

AIS kit, Pipes, and jetting adjustments today.......

Hand guards tonight.

Break in Saturday :excuseme::smirk::ride:

Mostly broke-in the WR. 2nd pair of Cycra handguards marked "aluminum" had composite brackets. Back to Bert's again. Grrr..... :excuseme:

Found out that Little Rock OHV area is closed "until February 2003, or until further notice."... w to the TF is our tax money going to anyway??? At least open something ELSE up. Jeez... !!!

Rowher Flats and Drinkwater Flats are both closed too. That leaves San Gabriel OHV (the crappiest one imo) the only one of the four open in Angeles NF. What a load of crap!!! :smirk:

Sito, if it's any consolation, I had a hanging idle today and my mid was popping. Time to tune my carb too. lol

Pulled her outta "winter storage", fired her up, and started to pour on the love. Think it's almost time to put away the snowmobile. I put her in storage all kinda bent up last fall. So, I apologized profusely, then threw on some new Rental 966 bend bars, Pro Taper Pillow grips, and a new right Moose handguard. She's purring and ready to rip. Might have to barge on Friday afternoon, looks like I'm gonna have the afternoon off. :excuseme:

20090506_205430_P5060137.jpg

20090506_205458_P5060140.jpg

I finally broke down and took the time to wire up my dual sport kit. The blinkers are 21 watts each so they are nice and bright. I ran a dedicated line for an HID (soon to come) and everything is wired through the main power switch (minus the HID)! I do have to say that if you DONT have the time...a Baja Designs or equivalent dual sport kit would be well worth the money. In my case, I had plenty of time...in total with the stator mod, reg/rec, blinkers, switch and plate holder I have under 175 bucks into my home brew'd dual sport kit will about 10 hours of labor spent wiring it up but I took my time, drank a few beers and made sure it was done right :excuseme:

The only thing its missing is a horn...Im using the horn button as my PTT

Front with the blinkers off

IMG00048.jpg

front with left blinker on

IMG00049.jpg

The blinkers and head light switch and PTT

IMG00050.jpg

The read button is my kill switch and the black button is my e start

IMG00051.jpg

Im missing the stock speedo (didnt work with my aftermarket hubs but the cool thing is I have plenty of room for HID stuff

IMG00052.jpg

And the rear!

IMG00055.jpg

I finally broke down and took the time to wire up my dual sport kit. The blinkers are 21 watts each so they are nice and bright. I ran a dedicated line for an HID (soon to come) and everything is wired through the main power switch (minus the HID)! I do have to say that if you DONT have the time...a Baja Designs or equivalent dual sport kit would be well worth the money. In my case, I had plenty of time...in total with the stator mod, reg/rec, blinkers, switch and plate holder I have under 175 bucks into my home brew'd dual sport kit will about 10 hours of labor spent wiring it up but I took my time, drank a few beers and made sure it was done right :cry:

The only thing its missing is a horn...Im using the horn button as my PTT

Front with the blinkers off

IMG00048.jpg

front with left blinker on

IMG00049.jpg

The blinkers and head light switch and PTT

IMG00050.jpg

The read button is my kill switch and the black button is my e start

IMG00051.jpg

Im missing the stock speedo (didnt work with my aftermarket hubs but the cool thing is I have plenty of room for HID stuff

IMG00052.jpg

And the rear!

IMG00055.jpg[/quote

Do you mean to say you consume alcoholic beverages while working on your bike?? :excuseme::smirk::ride:

dude, r u strapped to your bike?

yes.i em paralyzed from t7 and down after a motocross crash in 06

yes.i em paralyzed from t7 and down after a motocross crash in 06

:smirk: Hat's off to you for sticking with it, that takes alot of will power

Nice looking bike too :excuseme:

New one industries graphics, primary driver sprockets and gold x ring chain, changed the oil, cleaned the air filter, gave it the once over just need some semi good weather now can;t wait.

Hey Big Coop Dawg, I like the way you DSed your WR. Is it a kit or is it pices you put together for a complete package? Oh yeah, I really like the start-kill switch, and the blinkers,and the switch for the blinkers, head light, and the plate holder too.:excuseme::smirk: Could you post up some of the details of the install? Thanks

-fmf q

-new left side radiator

-new unabiker rad guards ( anodized blue)

-jd jet

-top end rebuild

It's finally back up and running after being down and out for 4 months.

Changed oil for 1st time, install vortex x10, adjust adjustable leak jet, PASS TEXAS INSPECTION!!! "...uh, technically I'm not supposed to pass this b/c there's no high beam indicator, signals indicator, and the horn sounds like...an electronic tone. But this bike is so cool..."

The guy inspecting it popped a power wheelie in 2d on his test drive--the guy is easy 280lbs. "My dirt bike can't do that!"