2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,502 posts in this topic

In the last two weeks I've had the valves ajusted and a teraflex 150/90/18 (at the shop).

At home installed rekluse pro,water pump, handgards ready to go

p1040277pl5.jpg

w640.png

p1040284xq1.jpg

w640.png

I took mine for a good ride, nasty muddy, rocky, rutted, snowed-in terrain. The wr did really good.

just got a 05 wr450, today i installed a ais removal kit, new plug, oil, metal filter w/ billet cover, no toil air cleaner, and grey wire mod. looking at doing exhaust mods, who do you guys reccomend for a slip on?

If you want to go the cheap route, buy a used (or new) yzf slip on. You'd be surprised at how much of a difference it will make. I got mine on ebay for like $20 with about an hour of ride time on it. The yzf guys sometimes sell them after they get aftermarket exhaust for thier bikes.

Austin

greetings. nice 'zorst and header. I see your wr is plated, but appears to have no indicators, mirrors etc. How did you manage that? btw Uk & 07 wr here.

thanks man.

eta, swapped over the impeller oil seals.

greetings. nice 'zorst and header. I see your wr is plated, but appears to have no indicators, mirrors etc. How did you manage that? btw Uk & 07 wr here.

I'm from ontario and what i needed for a safety was headlight, tail light, brake light, horn, mirror, and DOT approved tires. I bought a bicycle horn from canadian tire for 2 bucks and bought a bicycle mirror that i could velcro on. I had regular dirt tires on, so i used my dremel to grind off where it said "not for highway use" and it passed. No need for signals, and after i wiped out a few times, the mirror and horn busted and i haven't put them back on, no issues so far.

thanks man.

eta, swapped over the impeller oil seals.

Cheers man, runs much quicker with it on!

I just asked for bare minimum requirements at the dealers and thats is how I got, it is legal cos I have bin stopped many times?

As for the impeller seals? is this a common fault?

I don't know if i could live with having a yellow yamaha. That's heavy duty.

They were yellow and black before they went blue......:lol:

They were yellow and black before they went blue......:lol:

And they where a variety of fabulous colors in between.

Steve