2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,495 posts in this topic

why mod it right away, why not ride it a while and then add stuff so you know what the effects were? are you so fast that you ride to the full potential of the bike?

Dont know if you were post to me or now, but here it goes.

First off, Im only installig the GYTR AIS removal kit. And the

greasing all the bearings.

Not sure if your question was serious or sarcasm either, but

in the event it was sarcasm I have a question for you. How

do you know that I havent owned 5 other 450's? Why does

a new bike have any indication of someones riding ability?

Just curious......:lol:

To give you a free answer to my question, this is my first 450,

and that is why I will not be performing any intake or exhaust

mods at the moment. :)

Dont know if you were post to me or now, but here it goes.

First off, Im only installig the GYTR AIS removal kit. And the

greasing all the bearings.

Not sure if your question was serious or sarcasm either, but

in the event it was sarcasm I have a question for you. How

do you know that I havent owned 5 other 450's? Why does

a new bike have any indication of someones riding ability?

Just curious......:lol:

To give you a free answer to my question, this is my first 450,

and that is why I will not be performing any intake or exhaust

mods at the moment. :)

Just make sure you do all the free mods, which I assume you are doing now.:lol:

Put a GYTR brake pinch on. I'll do anything to save a little weight :lol:

jan09009-1.jpg

Found an area within 1/2 hr of my house with no snow on limited trails. Had a good couple days of riding :)

jan09024.jpg

This is what the snow looks like in my yard still :lol:

jan09003.jpg

finished the oil swap. only took about 8 hours lol. swapped the spark plug for an iridium ix ngk cr8. There seems to be a collet on the plug which im guessing raises the compression ratio slightly. The exhaust note is different. also looked at the stock cr8 and wondered how much it be worth on the international coal exchange. I guess thats why she was tough to start. Refitted the engine guard and gave her a clean.

my wr 426 is super picky with the spark plug. if i give it gas while cranking once, it's fouled and i have to change it for sure. i went through 4 spark plugs this summer.

if you've had 5 450's of the same year, then i retract my statement and wonder why someone would go through them that fast, but you know, whatever floats your boat. what you said makes sense. the wr bearings and linkage is undergreased from the factory.

I had a couple hours to kill this afternoon...So I polished up for some BLING....

Hi.

What does GYTR stand for (it's on your bike) and why is it white, not blue?

Hi.

What does GYTR stand for (it's on your bike) and why is it white, not blue?

Genuine Yamaha Technology Racing

GYTR - Genuine Yamaha Technology Racing

Those are some graphics I got from the Yamaha shop (they are for YZF)

The bike came with blue plastics. I like the white look better so I switched them out and recovered the seat with a YZF special edition cover.

GYTR - Genuine Yamaha Technology Racing

Those are some graphics I got from the Yamaha shop (they are for YZF)

The bike came with blue plastics. I like the white look better so I switched them out and recovered the seat with a YZF special edition cover.

Very nice custom-cruiser. A few questions please. Where did you get the white plastic, where did you find the trick gas cap, and how did you polish the frame? Thanks.

im thinking about painting my frame next winter, how hard was it to do?

not to hard to do i done mine in a weekend alot of the time was taken up by taking the bike apart. but im a paint sprayer so painting it was real easy :)

chipwich

Polisport and Acerbis both make White plastics for the WR. look for one of these brands if you make the switch.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=501912&highlight=plastics

Mine are actually 07' YZF plastics and the front fender bolts right up. The radiator shrouds bolt right up to my 3 gal IMS YZF gas tank. The rear fender I had to fab a bit to make it work but it has been fine for over a year.

Gas cap was an Ebay find for 28.00 (IMS cap)

To Polish Aluminum go down to your local ACE hardware pick up a sheet of 320 grit,400,600,800,&1500 grit metal sand paper. Total investment about 7.00.

I then cut about 8 2"x2" squares of each grit then use four of ea grit on each side working up to the 1500. Then you get a 3" buffing wheel put it on a cordless drill with either some buffing rouge or just some metal polishing paste. Buzz that over everything real good then buff out with a soft terry cloth. The more prep you do the better it will come out but we're not building a piano here so some imperfections are fine.

Good luck and have fun with it!!!!!

Bought new higher Pro Taper bars, Acerbis rally pro hand guards and new grips! Waiting for them to arrive then all I need is to decide on which grip warmers and I'll be ready to go again!

I installed my new cycra handguards & Maxxis Desert IT tires:

IMG_0226.jpg

then I loaded up & headed for a ride, but on the 405 downhill, the following happened, causing me to swerve on the rim to the side of the freeway:

IMG_0238.jpg

So I unloaded everything on the side of CAlifornia's busiest freeway & changed the wheel. I never made it to my ride after this:

IMG_0239.jpg

then I loaded up & headed for a ride, but on the 405 downhill, the following happened, causing me to swerve on the rim to the side of the freeway:

IMG_0238.jpg

So I unloaded everything on the side of CAlifornia's busiest freeway & changed the wheel. I never made it to my ride after this:

IMG_0239.jpg

That sucks.

Steve

Got it washed from my New Years trip. Serviced all the minis for the next trip, and spent the rest of the day figuring out how to straighten my tweaked sub-frame.:lol:

lubed the chain (half the bike lol), cleaned the metal work/exhaust/kicker/frame etc with solvol metal polish, cleaned the plastics (again) and trecked to halfords/partco to pick up some castol 10w 40w oil, chain lube etc. Now twiddling my thumbs waiting for a phone call telling me the rhs engine gasket set has arrived. Big smiles from then on. Oh yeah being a dumb idiot I managed to drop a socket screw bit somewhere near the starter motor. Spent 10 minutes looking for this bit but no luck:banghead: How do you find a needle a needle in a haystack? magnet time.