2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,495 posts in this topic

Ken very nice! however i think a picture is required!:thumbsup:

You caught me:busted: I am going to a 49 in the rear (I know, not a big change) but I decided not to put them on last night as the ride I am doing on Sunday is a bit more rocky/technical. Thought I would wait until I get back. Pictures when completed:thumbsup:

You caught me:busted: I am going to a 49 in the rear (I know, not a big change) but I decided not to put them on last night as the ride I am doing on Sunday is a bit more rocky/technical. Thought I would wait until I get back. Pictures when completed:thumbsup:

sounds good i look forward to see'n em...btw...what gearing are you running now?

since im dual sporting and what not, i am running a 14-50 and besides being a little short on the highway (50 mph cruising) i love the low end torque...:thumbsup:

sounds good i look forward to see'n em...btw...what gearing are you running now?

since im dual sporting and what not, i am running a 14-50 and besides being a little short on the highway (50 mph cruising) i love the low end torque...:thumbsup:

I'm just running stock 13/50 at the moment. When I went to order the sprockets from Dirttricks (great customer service btw and are the mfg of them) they had run out of the 50 so I went with the 49. Thought about going to a 48 but I don't ride mine too much on the highway. Definatley no freeways and I don't care what gearing I have, I won't.:p

Installed the TT AIS removal kit on my '07. Will start it up tonight to see if the popping is gone, if not time to jet!

Put a Acerbis 3.3 on it. Perfect fit just need a new plug tomorrow, and then I will button her down. Some new (stock looking) tank graphics and were done for now.

Pulled the swingarm off .Removed all the linkages for thorough greasing tomorrow.

O.K. .Found siezed and rusted bearings inside . I feel better already!

Took her for a 2 day ride up in Gorman. Perfect weather for riding! Tomorrow clean her up, oil change etc!

Cheers man, I thought it turned out pretty good too.

I agree.Your bike is SWEET! :thumbsup:

i brought this 1998 wr 400 a couple of month's ago now for £700 and she was looking a bit tatty

befor pics

DSCF1204.jpg

since owning it ive repainted the frame, greased all the bearing's, brought new plastics and sticker kit retrimmed the seat, done the free mods and loads of other bit's ohh and of course thrashed her and enjoyed every minute of it....

after pics

DSCF1270.jpg

DSCF1265.jpg

Rebuilding my engine. Put a new piston in, dropped a new cyl on, replaced the cam chain and put in a bigger main jet. Cleaned the carb and checked it out.

Wrapped the head pipe with insulation.

Do you use regular header wrap or a special brand for dirt bike pipes?

Went riding today on some trails with my son. First time taking the WR450 out and getting out of 1st gear.

Had a blast with my son. He climbed some pretty steep trails his TTR-50. This was his first time on trails. He was timid at first but he loved riding after he climbed his first hill.

The WR450 was easy to ride. No need to haul butt everywhere so we just had fun riding. The WR climbs hills easily. No need to rev the bike to the rev limiter for torque up the hills. I'm not sure who had more fun, me or my son.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By TheAirborneCheese
      I live in northwest Virginia (Charlottesville area)  about an hour south of DC, I am not aware of any tracks in the area that are either public (or private but allow people to ride with permission).  Does anyone know of any good tracks in my area?
      - Airborne
    • By Preston C.
      Hello,
      For this summer, I was looking for a project. As a desert/trial, and occasionally single track rider from Southern California, any time of the year works for a build like this.
      I grew up riding two-stroke and after a couple years on four strokes, I want to return to the enduro king. However, KTM and Husky sell their bikes for quite a high price tag.
      So, I have decided I want to take an older two stroke motocross bike i.e. cr250, yz250, etc., and make it the ultimate desert bike for significantly less than a new KTM.
      I am not loyal to one brand, but I have always loved Honda and spent a grand a month ago on all new gear with Honda's name plastered all over it. 
      I know all the mods I want to do the bikes to make them enduro/desert ready: heavy flywheel, 18 inch rear wheel, new exhaust, steering stabilizer, etc.
      What I need help in is I don't know what bikes I can install a wide ratio transmission in. I know yz250 can take a 400 or 426 transmission, but can any other brand?
      I would like to see a cr250 with the gears of a 450x rippin through the desert. I like the steel frame for off road use, and I just need some advice on the best bike for this conversion.
      Thanks
    • By scr200
      For sale is my 2007 YZ250F. This bike is very well setup for trails or harescrambles. I am not the original owner, but have service records. This bike has been well maintained and runs great. Starts first or second kick. Engine and transmission rebuilt about 10hrs ago and I just did a valve clearance check and shim. There are over $3000 worth of parts on this bike. I also have a couple boxes of OEM and aftermarket spares that I will sell for extra. Only issues are a leaky left fork seal (I have the OEM fork seal replacement kit and will include with purchase) and the radiators are slightly twisted, but 100% functional. I have two brand new replacement radiators with a radiator guard/brace that I can throw in if sold at asking price. I am asking $3200 OBO. Please contact me via email in Craigslist ad or PM me here. Located in Fishersville, VA.
      https://charlottesville.craigslist.org/mcy/6138892312.html

Engine: (rebuild @ 39.5hrs)
      -HotCam Stage 2 cams
      -Hot Rods crank (factory stroke)
      -New seals
      -Polished & deburred gears
      -Cylinder works top-end @ 13.5:1 compression ratio
      -Cylinder head ported and polished
      -New OEM valves and springs

Bike:
      -GPR V4 Pro Kit stabilizer and top Triple Clamp 
      -Rekluse Core 3.0 clutch
      -Excel rims front and rear w/ 18" rear rim
      -Dr.D full SS exhaust and silencer
      -Dual Sport Armory suspension rebuilt Spring 2016 and setup for 205lb rider w/ gear
      -GYTR skid plate
      -ASV un-breakable levers
      -CV4 radiator hoses
      -Tusk oversized radiators
      -IMS oversized gas tank
      -Hammerhead +10 shift lever
      -Hammerhead billet brake lever
      -Ride Engineering axle blocks
      -Tusk magnetic oil drain plug
      -Works Connection brake reservoir cover
      -TM DesignWorks chain guide and roller
      -Race Tech shock spring 
      -Acerbis front rotor guard
      -Rear rotor guard
      -Pro Taper handelbars
      -Cyra Pro Bend hand guards
      -G2 Ergonomics threaded bar insert
      -Motion Pro throttle and clutch cables
      -JD Jet Kit
      -Dr.D Wet Sump kit
      -Unknown brand taller seat
      -More on the bike that I've forgotten to mention

Full disclosure, here is a thread about some issues I had with the bike, but have fixed. The bike is running great now due to the help on this forum: 

• By Bryan Bosch
      Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing Rider Tops Podium in Belo Horizonte

May 21, 2017 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – With the four-day event cut short after day two due to environmental concerns beyond the event organisers’ control, Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Graham Jarvis has been declared the winner of the 2017 edition of Minas Riders having ended day two as the overall leader.

Jarvis entered the second edition of the Brazilian race determined to start things off with a victory. Ending a rain-soaked prologue as runner-up, he then went on the attack when the race entered the mountains for the first off-road day.
      Pushing hard throughout the five-hour plus opening day of hard enduro racing, the Husqvarna rider claimed a three-minute margin of victory to establish an early lead. Maintaining his position at the head of the field with second on day one, Jarvis was holding a two-minute buffer over his nearest rival Cody Webb as the race entered its second half.

But with days three and four cancelled, Jarvis unexpectedly found himself as the early winner of the 2017 edition of the Brazilian Hard Enduro Rally.
      With victory in Brazil, the Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing rider now looks to add one more victory to his 2017 campaign at Austria’s ErzbergRodeo in June.

Final Classification — Red Bull Minas Riders 2017
      1. Graham Jarvis (Husqvarna) 5:46:47 
      2. Cody Webb (KTM) 5:49:29
      3. Alfredo Gomez (KTM) 6:03:51
      4. Philipp Scholz (KTM) 6:15:01
      5. Paul Bolton (KTM) 6:37:28
      6. Pol Tarres (Beta) 6:52:57
      Husqvarna Motorcycles. Tradition on two wheels since 1903.
      Husqvarna Motorcycles are widely known and respected in the off-road world for a heritage of competition and numerous motocross and enduro world championships. Originally founded in Sweden in 1903, Husqvarna Motorcycles have been designed and manufactured in Mattighofen, Austria since 2013.
      Rockstar Energy Drink
      Rockstar Energy Drink is designed for those who lead active lifestyles – from Athletes to Rockstars. Available in over 20 flavors at convenience and grocery outlets in over 30 countries, Rockstar supports the Rockstar lifestyle across the globe through Action Sports, Motor Sports, and Live Music. For more information visit: www.RockstarEnergy.com
      Source: Husqvarna Motorcycles GmbH
    • By SprytnySpawacz
      Hi, my stator on my 99 wr400f sumo needs a replacement but I cannot seem to find any here in Ireland and I need it ASAP so 3 week deliveries can't do, will a stator from any other dirt bike fit right in as a replacement? No wr400 s here so I need to look for other ones for breaking, thank you!