2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,502 posts in this topic

Installed '07 YZ 450f header and WB E2 after work today. Sounds wicked :cry: Not too loud but not all that quiet either. Probably on par with the stock '07 YZ exhaust or a little quieter . The tone is is nice and throaty. And the throttle response is SUPER sharp now. Noticed a slight hesitation up top but one size fatter on the main will fix that. The fit of the E2 to the YZ header is super tight. Alot of effort, yelling, swearing, and throwing shit was needed to put it on.

Tomorrow's list includes rejetting :thumbsup: and fixing a flat :p

Installed '07 YZ 450f header and WB E2 after work today. Sounds wicked :cry: Not too loud but not all that quiet either. Probably on par with the stock '07 YZ exhaust or a little quieter . The tone is is nice and throaty. And the throttle response is SUPER sharp now. Noticed a slight hesitation up top but one size fatter on the main will fix that. The fit of the E2 to the YZ header is super tight. Alot of effort, yelling, swearing, and throwing shit was needed to put it on.

Tomorrow's list includes rejetting :thumbsup: and fixing a flat :p

pics or ban!!! :worthy::p

I did 70 miles with my brand new WR450F -08 and time for oil change after brake in:applause: :thumbsup: , by the way what type of oil are you recommending for this type of bike mineral or synthetic some says semi synthetic for an example Castrol GPS 15w 40

Goose, do a search on recomended oil and you will be reading for days!

pics or ban!!! :prof::ride:

Careful now :thumbsup: . Don't forget who has the banning authority :cry::p :p

I'll put up the pics when I post the ride report (in this thread). That exhaust looks so nice on there I'm seriously thinking about getting the white plastics now. My stimulus check is in grave danger :worthy:

Prepping 08 WR450F

- Removed Smog Junk.

- Removed Carb (Carb on shop bench and will install JD kit soon)

- Installed Unabiker Rad Guards (who wrote those instructions :p )

- Installed Scott shark fin and WP rear caliper guard.

- Ordered spare set of wheels (one set for dual sport rides [DOT tires], one set for enduros and hare scrambles [tire balls])

- Had a Rye & Coke and planned out tomorrow

- Had another Rye & Coke, etc :thumbsup:

Went for a ride with a buddy who just got his 06 wr, we took some pics and videos, and I climbed a wicked big hill, very rough, tried it three years in a row and finally got up to the top today (had the camera brought home then though :thumbsup:

n682320429_3573264_7029.jpg

Careful now :worthy: . Don't forget who has the banning authority :prof::busted::ride:

yeah, yeah..... :p:cry::p:busted: :busted:

I'm seriously thinking about getting the white plastics now.

that would be good.

My stimulus check is in grave danger :lol:

mine is LONG gone, had to get tires for my truck. damn stock tires only lasted 9 months.:busted: :busted: :mad::lol: But I got a smoking deal on some Bridgestone Dueler Revo's, nice set of all-terrain tires. :rant::cry::eek::busted::thumbsup:

I installed my flatlands racing rad guards today. I am happy with them except for the fact that they don't cover the rads completely and leave a couple of rows of fins exposed on the inside edges.

Installed JD jet kit and a Zip Ty fuel screw. After first ride, :thumbsup: . Cured all the surging, backfiring crap. Thanks to all who steered me toward this kit :thumbsup: .

Put on front and rear M6006 tires. New chain and sprockets. And then road it down the street to our little local track and attempted to look like I knew what i was doing. Didn't do very good at that.

Lost the decompression plug on my new (to me) 450. Ordered a new billet one from ebay.com but i live in the uk so i'll probobally be off the bike for a few weeks untill the part is shipped over. It sucks! I figured that while the bike is off the road i'd take the time to do the throttle stop and grey wire mods...but now im dying to run the bike to see what difference they have made and can't until the new plug arrives. That sucks even more!!!! :thumbsup:

I jetted mine--got rid of the surging and backfire. Bought a new adjustable fuel mixture screw, but I can not figure out where the bloody fuel screw is. 01 WR 426 FCR 39 carb. Any help???