• Announcements

• Bryan Bosch

TT REVIEWED!   06/27/2017

Fasst Company Impact Adventure Foot Pegs
2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,502 posts in this topic

Last night I stuck some of the graphics and popped the new plastic on. The YZ seat cover even velcro'd over the original well enough for a fly by inspection, but I'm going to get another seat and mount the cover properly.

Now I need fork guards for the red graphics, new handguards (red or white, what do you think?), and a new airbox to complete the color change.

The kit came with red fork graphics, so I'm going to install them on the opposite side of the blue KYB stickers and then I can simply spin the forks to go from red to blue.

The headlight cowl also needs some TLC. For now, I stuck on the YZ numberplate graphic, but I'm thinking of buying a YZ numberplate. We're 24 hour daylight now so I won't need the light for a few months.

It's amazing how a little bit of blue spoils the new look. The mud doesn't help either.

whiteout3.jpg

This is what I'm shooting for:

RetroYZ.jpg

Looking good frosty! I would do white on both fork and handguards w/some red stickers to tie them in to the rest. Just my 2cents.

Looking good frosty! I would do white on both fork and handguards w/some red stickers to tie them in to the rest. Just my 2cents.

Thanks Byggd. I think I'll take your advice and go with the white handguards.

I checked out the website and the white with black lettering looks great and fits in with the white and black of the graphics. There's also a good chance that the handguard red wouldn't match the red of the graphics.

I'm on the fence with the fork guards. Maybe I'll buy 2 sets, and leave one white and cover the others with red stickers.

Now - black wheels or red?

I only rode the bike 1/8 mile to work and back today, and already rumours are flying. Half of the guys on site thought I got a new bike and the other half thought I had finished the fire restoration on the 400. Funny to me that no-one considered it was the same bike.

Now - black wheels or red?

Does it matter? You ride so much they are probably never clean enough to tell!

Does it matter? You ride so much they are probably never clean enough to tell!

Haha, True....true. To be honest, the reason I bought the new plastic is because it was easier than washing the old.

Honestly I would go with black. I don't know, red wheels just seems a bit much to me plus you may face the same "red doesn't match" issue.

I too would go black with the wheels, it makes the tires look beefier and i personally love that.

I think back in the 80's the YZ's had gold wheels. Go with white handguards:prof: Oh yeah be sure to get the retro riding gear too! nice to see some mud and not snow on that thing.

1985_yam_yz125.jpg

2007%5C06%5C10%5Cbikepics-927607-800.jpg

Honestly I would go with black. I don't know, red wheels just seems a bit much to me plus you may face the same "red doesn't match" issue.
I too would go black with the wheels, it makes the tires look beefier and i personally love that.

:thumbsup::ride::bonk:

Last night I stuck some of the graphics and popped the new plastic on. The YZ seat cover even velcro'd over the original well enough for a fly by inspection, but I'm going to get another seat and mount the cover properly.

It's amazing how a little bit of blue spoils the new look. The mud doesn't help either.

What I can't figure out is why your side stand is so clean!!

:thumbsup:

dt80 but they are practically the same.

I have a what I was told is a GT80 that both boys learned to ride on but it has a place for a tail lamp to mount so maybe it's a DT80. :thumbsup: Either way it's has taken a beating and always came back for more!

I have a what I was told is a GT80 that both boys learned to ride on but it has a place for a tail lamp to mount so maybe it's a DT80. :thumbsup: Either way it's has taken a beating and always came back for more!

this is a gt

5b31e960.jpg

they had lights too, like i said, same bike, yamaha just changed the name in 80 I believe.

I just installed a set of Worcs Connection Frame guards, they are aluminum. I wanted blue plastic ones but couldn't find them for an 06. Will post pics tomorrow.

Took her to miami trails, CA..heres a couple pics, sorry about the quality they are from my phone.

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

no action shots :thumbsup:

I took my paper work to the Oklahoma Tax Commission and had the 07 WR450 plated. In and out in less than 15 minutes! I used the Ryco motosports dual sport kit.

i put red backgrounds with white #'s and shined her up... Maxixa CS1 Clear Coat works awesome!

DSCF0276.jpg