2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,495 posts in this topic

It was that time, so I thought I'd try something a little different to stand out from the herd. I have a black and blue Acerbis Spider front disc guard on order to replace the white/blue guard currently on the bike to complete the project. I've tried to keep it as clean and uncluttered as possible. So, what do you guys/gals think?

The rad guard is what stands out to me...looks SWEET....*drools*

well today i took off all the plastics on my 07 to give her a good scrubbin. didn't reallize how dirty it gets under the plastics.

My Scotts Sub mount got loose today. Turns out it was not the bolts that bolt it to the triple tree, but instead it was the stud that screwed into the Sub mount itself. Looks like there was no Locktight on the studs and they started backing out.

Shortened my ride at Hatfield by a bunch... the studs now have red locktight...

Removed AIS, put in shorter throttle stop, jetted, pulled gray wire, it's a totally different bike! Can't believe how much power was hiding in there!

Removed AIS, put in shorter throttle stop, jetted, pulled gray wire, it's a totally different bike! Can't believe how much power was hiding in there!

did you pull the baffle? i went to a welding shop and had this done to mine...

before...

HPIM0396.jpg

after...

HPIM0404.jpg

HPIM0407.jpg

Well i just got my 06 WR450 last week, its finally time to tear into her and see what has been done and what hasnt, So today I did the grey wire mod, played around with my fuel mixture screw (zipty) and figured about 1 1/2 turns, now I have to check on the throttle stop, look at the internal exhaust baffle and get into the carb to see how its jetted, the dealership couldnt tell me crap about it because it was used. time to get dirty!

This has been a month long project for the '05 WR, but finally got the DMC Afterburner exhaust installed, Zeta Billet brake lever, and new graphics. It also just got the YZ Exhaust Cam, but of course you can't see that. Will be riding it three times during the next week. Can't wait!

th_NewPipeandGraphics003.jpg

th_NewPipeandGraphics006.jpg

th_NewPipeandGraphics004.jpg

th_DMCPipe.jpg

This has been a month long project for the '05 WR, but finally got the DMC Afterburner exhaust installed, Zeta Billet brake lever, and new graphics. It also just got the YZ Exhaust Cam, but of course you can't see that. Will be riding it three times during the next week. Can't wait!

th_NewPipeandGraphics003.jpg

th_NewPipeandGraphics006.jpg

th_NewPipeandGraphics004.jpg

th_DMCPipe.jpg

Nice graphics dude. Good score.:thumbsup:

What's with the 2nd 07?

This one's an 08, brand fire new. I brought it up for a fella in town and just finished putting it together. He picked it up last night.

2brothers.jpg

satisfiedcustomer.jpg

Not really "today" but in the last couple weeks I've added the DRD pipe, new graphics, yz fender and number plate, maxxis it rear tire, and a few other odds and ends to my 06 wr.

IMG_0227.jpg?t=1207688582

IMG_0228.jpg?t=1207688529

ordered scotts sub mount stabilizer, jd jet kit,and zipty fuel screw and still dreaming about riding it from 6,000 miles away will be home in a week to tell it how much I missed it.:thumbsup:

well today i drilled holes in the seat foam and added a bump to it. hopefully i'll be able to test it out this weekend!

Greased entire chassis, cleaned carb and installed JD Jet Kit, Zipty fuel screw, Merge APS, MSR Vent Kit, adjusted valves, mounted 2 new Desert IT's, and cut the 1/2" tubes out of the silencer and welded in some 1 1/4" SS.