2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,495 posts in this topic

Even though the loose needles are a bit of a pain, it's a heck of a lot easier to repack those than a pressed in caged unit where the only real way to repack involves removing the bearing to do it right, at which point, you might as well just replace it since you'll more than likely damage it in the process.

One day I'll be geekin enough to figure this computor out for real.

I think there is a Halloween mask to be made with this POS plastic mud gatherer thingy.

skidplate006.jpg

I was not happy with the fit of that bash plate... The flatlands racing plate covers the last bit at the top and sides of the frame that is gapping on the GYTR plate.. Let us know how it does with the mud... Def will be better than the plastic shovel...

I got my bike out of the shed and tomorow im going out on the skidoo trails for a ride, see if it can keep it upright, it's suppose to be warm, only -20c tomorrow and the trails are as hard as a rock.....

Santa came today!skidplate001.jpgskidplate004.jpgskidplate003.jpg

This bash plate was on the Australian GYTR site.

HAHA new toys are the best

Just curious Mike, how come you picked up the GYTR baffle when you tested legal w/o the baffle? How did it affect your jetting?

That bashplate looks badass! I thought about putting holes in my moose skidplate when I got it but it looks like a bunch of work.

installed new timing chain. ripped off all the old plastic and put on new fenders (YZF), side covers(YZF), and oversized IMS tank(WRF). also put on new graphics including fork covers, swingarm and fenders.

Put the AIS back on and took her for a little spin.

Probably take her back out this evening too. No sense in just lettin her sit around.

Ride, Sally ride.

Though it is a really nice day and a ride on the FJR to the coast has a real appealing sound to it right now.

Burning daylight. Later.

At Hollister with no baffle it tested ok but the Blue Ribbon guys at Clear Creek

Tested me at 98.something and I had to dawn the knee pads to ride that day.

My jetting seems fine with 48p and 168m. And It will stay that way cause I never intend to work on the carb again.

Just got done with the air box mod and a dynojet jet kit. Man does this thing rip. I LOVE IT!

Installed some new stuff while waiting for the snow to melt......handlebar risers from Dirtly, Synergy fork seals, and a Rekluse Z-Pro. There's a brand new Kenda Carlsbad on the back, the valve clearance has been checked, carb cleaned and a new plug installed. A new Fox helmet is on the way too.

Man, I can't wait to start riding so I can spend money on gas for a change! :-)

rode the crap out of it in a gravel pit till about 7 oclock at night , the stock headlight doesn't do much for the night time but it was better then the one on my friends rm (since it was basically the yellow reflecting off the moonlight)

Put my Dr.D exhaust on. Sounds much much better than the unbaffled stock exhaust. It also made the tuning much better. I couldn't get a proper fuel adjustment setting with the stock unbaffled exhaust. Now it's spot on and the bike runs great!

Installed a set of Unabiker radiator guards....what a pile of crap those things are. I bought them on the recommendation of a few fellow TTer's, the fit is terrible. I've taken them off and re-installed then twice today with the same result. Next time I'll go with Devol or somethong else.

Unabiker radiator guards....what a pile of crap.

What year bike? Mine fit great and seem to be bomb proof.

I did drain the fluid and remove the radiator halves for the install. It was obvious the in the first minute how difficult it would be with them in place.

Yeah, a few times the front wheel followed a ski mark and and the back wheel would go from side to side alot, had to deploy the stabalizers........

Hi, looking to import a new wr to ontario canada from the US(Ohio) and I need a car dealership or an honest US citizen to help out with a US title before transferring it over to my name, Prefferably not boardering the state of Ohio so their will be a tax saving for me. Thier will be the normal title paperwork at the dealer's and a phone call from YOU to HQ in California to get a "letter of recall" that is needed at the boarder, this can all be done by fax and email and a few phone calls and besides you can say you owned a new wr for about 10minutes lol?---- please don't respond with ideas --- this is the way it's done--- the boarder on both sides have made changes----and also deals with dealer border agreements around the great lakes and the Ohio dealer needs a ssn. So basically the dealer will do all paperwork!!! its the phone call to Yamaha HQ(800# for the "letter of recall" for the "riv" program in Ontario? that you personnaly will have to call with my info.

http://www.riv.ca/

http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5048-eng.html

http://www.customs.gov/xp/cgov/export/export_docs/motor_vehicle.xml

I no this post does not belong here, just trying to get my new 06 wr450f home soon? and yes it is a new 06 and I have a 05wr250f plated and has been very good to me! I got a great kick out of this thread!!!

Unabiker radiator guards....what a pile of crap.

What year bike? Mine fit great and seem to be bomb proof.

I did drain the fluid and remove the radiator halves for the install. It was obvious the in the first minute how difficult it would be with them in place.

I put them on my '07 WR. I ended up using some aluminum spacers in order to bolt the shroud to the botom of the radiator. They look nice now that they're done, I hope it's worth the hassle. I ended up taking both radiators off, as well as my skid plate. I shoulda figured I'd drop stuff in it!