2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,495 posts in this topic

hey Smack it! Where did you get that smaller style white WR headlight from? Or is it a blue one painted with krylon or something similar? Cheers Andy.

It's an exact replica of the OEM Yamaha in white. I found it in China during my last visit. I can get more if people are interested.

It's an exact replica of the OEM Yamaha in white. I found it in China during my last visit. I can get more if people are interested.

i'm definitely interested, all depends on cost & logistics as I'm in Australia.

i'm definitely interested, all depends on cost & logistics as I'm in Australia.

I thought white was available for '07~'10 in Australia? As far as I know, you guys were the only ones that got white headlight shrouds on the 450?

I thought white was available for '07~'10 in Australia? As far as I know, you guys were the only ones that got white headlight shrouds on the 450?

Hi mate, we did get white, black & blue in the 07-11 model, however only the blue ones came with 2 headlights, one which is the same as yours which is known here as the Non ADR (Australian Design Rules) not for on road use & a slightly larger one for on rad use (same shape as OEM) which coincidently is the same lens used in the 2012 to current, as I use mine predominately off road I use the Non ADR & I would very much like a white one, rather than try & paint over a blue one with Krylon, so if you could hook me up that would be great, cheers Andy.

Installed new force rad guards. Next up are new gytr levers that I had to go through hell to get from Australia

2zovuox.jpg

Edited by JustG

Slapped the tag of my '03 onto the 2012 I bought yesterday :cheers:

and rode thru town. (I figured to police a WR450F tag on a WR450F should look ok)

I noticed:

- much higher (maybe the MX tires, maybe the pre owner used stiffer springs)

- absolutely great front brake, way better than the one on my '03

- less stiction than the '03 fork

- loud (got slightly better after stuffing in the snorkel)

todo:

- trying the quiet muffler insert

- finally get a '06 YZ exhaust cam

- sit it onto a dyno to harvest comparison data for my personal WR400F vs. WR450F-carb vs. WR450EFI shootout

(WR400F had 40,5 ponies at the wheel, WR450F'03 had ~41 but muuuch more torque around 4000-7000 rpms)

Setting my late WR400F to YZ timing was tuning action I ever did, the ticket to great torque w/o noise or glowing headers.

Edited by dipr

New Carbon Fiber Frame Guards on my 2014. :thumbsup:

WP_20150519_001_zpsfwut9ls1.jpg

WP_20150519_004_zpsey3i5ot7.jpg

What tires are you running? How do they hold up in slick conditions?

What tires are you running? How do they hold up in slick conditions?

Those in the pic are the stock tires: Dunlop GeoMax MX51

The terrain in Northern New Mexico is generally hard pack, rocky, and clay in the high desert and mountains (i.e., not slick).  I cannot wait till I wear these out.  I prefer the Sedona MX 907HP for the rear in my area.

Edited by AtomicGeo

Actually that was last week in rocky Italian mountains:

hole-in-one.jpg

There was the time when the XT600N would have a bathtub sized, tank armour stly aluminum bash plate.

To be followed by WR400F's aluminum engine protection plate.

After that the WR450F'03 at least has come with a part aluminum part plastic protection, that held up a decade.

Now, with the arrival of EFI the '12 comes with a flimsy, brittle pastic guard, that lasted only thrre days.

Very embarrassing to listen to a rider of an '04 450EXC talking about his still unbroken plastic STOCK bash plate. That's the guy I#m riding with for over two decades now.

Why can't YAMAHA get it right and supply a leather like, "unbreakable" material as the others do,

if they'd want to about aluminum's wiehgt penalty?

Supermoto!

Anyone have any input on floating the ground without doing a stator mod?

Installed a couple opt7 led pods. Love the extra light output. Pic doesnt do it justice. 

23C83433-985E-4359-9B2C-3D0C67C163EB_zps

4E0FE1BA-03B7-4BB9-A258-865F66EEC5BE_zps

F9C78B08-E170-4163-A662-E955102D3739_zps

Havent really been on the site since last year. looks like this thread has slowed down big time.