2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,502 posts in this topic

On my bike (pictured on previous page) the prior owner had spray painted the side panels bright yellow (which actually looks really cool), but before selling it returned them back to white using spray paint again, and it's holding up really well, no real wear to speak of yet and it';s been a couple of years.

I just replaced my WR fender with a YZ fender and mounted my own home made led light under it - just wanted everyone to know a little trick I use to avoid all those unsightly screw holes for the light and wiring - I use Shoe goo or similar, that stuff sticks better than snot and if something decides to remove your light, it will likely come off in one piece instead of 21.

On my bike (pictured on previous page) the prior owner had spray painted the side panels bright yellow (which actually looks really cool), but before selling it returned them back to white using spray paint again, and it's holding up really well, no real wear to speak of yet and it';s been a couple of years.

I just replaced my WR fender with a YZ fender and mounted my own home made led light under it - just wanted everyone to know a little trick I use to avoid all those unsightly screw holes for the light and wiring - I use Shoe goo or similar, that stuff sticks better than snot and if something decides to remove your light, it will likely come off in one piece instead of 21.

Matt, how do you like the WB muffler? I had one on my 426 but even with the quiet core insert and only 4 discs it was too loud for me.

I actually did what others say not to do............I washed my WR...........I LOVE getting it dirty and muddy....but, I have tooo much invested to let it stay dirty ALL the time........

I really don't know yet how I like it, I just put it on, and am in the process of doing a once over on the bike, waiting on several things before I fire it up:

Valve cover Gasket (should be in today)

reinstallation of gas tank etc.

Ripping apart front end to clean/overhaul/grease

But mainly, I'm not even going to put a drop of gas in it til I'm ready to ride - thats still a couple of months away maybe even longer depending on if it keeps on snowing like it has.

I'll let you know how I like it in April/May!

Edit - BTW - I got 6 disks on it to start, and the spark arrestor - I've read about the quiet insert, how does that work and how could you make one (hard to come by in Canada)

HI, yesterday it was that day! :)

I finally got my new WR 2007 from US. (first new bike in my life) :applause:

I keep reeding this admirable forum, and wan to say thank you all for all exellent information I've found here. Going to do three mods this weekend.

Greetings from Lithuania.

P.s. Sorry for my pure English.

Ziune, First welcome to TT! And congrats on the new bike! :) It will bring you years of grins! :applause:

I put my AIS crap back on:mad: What a pain in the (_!_)

Why would you want to put it back on.........????

did you go somewhere and get caught.....??

Or did you just want to torture yourself and see if it could be done.......:):applause:

Well, I think everything is done (for now).

List of items done:

New swingarm, linkage and shock bearings, refinished/repainted swingarm, Painted rear half of frame and footpegs, re greased/relubed everything, r&r/cleaned Carb, added blue fuel line on carb, Moose racing fuel screw, checked valve clearance, New countershaft seal, White Bros E axhaust, UFO frame protectors, YZ rear fender with home made LED light, New graphics, Changed brake fluid, new DID chain, added Tool/Emergency kit into Moose racing fender bag (mounted with clevis pins to allow for Quick removal).

Added after pics: Rear mudflap, front rotor guard, bash plate, new hand grips.

DCFC0020-2.jpg

DCFC0011-2.jpg

I rode it in the mud. First time riding it after gutting the muffler ooooohhhhhh my the the power it has.:) It is a bit loud still trying find perforated tubing to quit it down a bit just can't find it here in idaho.:applause:

07 WR 450

mods done

AIS

MUFFLER

GREY WIRE

THROTTLE STOP

Rode it half day at Hemminway Butte (SW IDaho) with the family. What a blast!! Even kept my new clutch lever in one piece this time:applause:

What a difference this 450 power makes compared to my 07 TTR230. My son loves the 230 now!

Hope you Likey

Skid plate, Front Fork Air Bleeders, Magura Hydraulic Clutch, MX Tech Fork and rear shock Revalve and springs for 160 lb rider, Scotts Sub Mount Stabilizer with Pro Taper Bars, Pro Bend Guards, Maxxis Desert IT tires all around, New WR Graffix:thumbsup: :applause: all baffels removed from inside muffler

Thumper tom

WRMODS002.jpgWRMODS007.jpgWRMODS005.jpgWRMODS003.jpgWRMODS001.jpg

road 500 miles this weekend. went from Cal City to Primm, NV

How did you go, the power line road or through Afton Canyon?