2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,502 posts in this topic

I lubed the chain, started it, let the float bowl run dry, and then I put it up.

I did spend about 1.5 hrs washing and goin through the bike I sold my aunt. Shes had it for 7 months and has done no maintenence...granted shes only ridden it 100 miles since but still :busted:

Just got back from a ride........and all I can say after all the mods and exhaust is ............. OH MY GOD.............this thing is scary fast :busted::worthy: ..... I should have bought one years ago............. now looking to sell my 99 YZ 250........

Finished my Baja preparations! Trip is still three weeks away but I am more or less ready...valves adjusted, big gas tank and fender packs installed, and new tires.

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

When I get back I'm changing the chain and sprocket,and putting this on.

IMG_0396.jpg

I'd like to see some pics of this, sounds like some great mods.

Well it wasn't this weekend but I recently added the following to my 2007 WR450:

- 3.1 Gal. IMS tank

- YZ radiator shrouds (no graphics for them yet though)

- Gold Unabiker radiator guards (absolutely awesome!)

- F*Word Industries flag mount (great mount)

- Cycra Probend hand guards (very strong)

- Aluminum clutch cover cover

- DNA Extreme black wheel and polished hub with paddle tire

- Disconnected the TPS sensor until I can get my new muffler and bike jetted properly

- All free mods except disconnecting the gray wire - the dealer said disconnecting the gray wire is a hoax and not recommended so they wouldn't do it.

~Adam

Finished my Baja preparations! Trip is still three weeks away but I am more or less ready...valves adjusted, big gas tank and fender packs installed, and new tires.

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

When I get back I'm changing the chain and sprocket,and putting this on.

IMG_0396.jpg

Yeah, you look ready. Im totally envious. Im soo ready for a Baja trip, its been way too long. Have fun, ride safe.

Finished the grueling 8 hour session with the WR yesterday. There must be a trick to getting the intake boot back over the carb's intake because it took me at least an hour with many bad four letter words (it got so bad that the wife came out to check up on me) and thrown tools. I hope to never have to go back into the carb again (but I know I will have to eventually)

So after I finally got the carb and subframe back together I decided that I needed to go after the low hanging fruit. That was a Works Connection rear brake cylinder cover.

Thankfully that went on with no issues. Because putting on the Works Connection radiator guard was a pain in the butt. I ended up draining the whole cooling system (I intended to do this to put engine ice in there once it got warmer but putting on the rad guards without taking off the rads was too much trouble. So I drained and flushed the system I took the rads off which turned out to be pretty easy. Putting the guards on was pretty easy and they fit well. I like the fact that I am able to retain the plastic air diverters since getting good air flow is important in slow woods riding.

Finally the flat lands racing Skid plate went on with almost no hassle...

Time to go riding...

Rode it; washed it; now will take it to the suspension shop tomorrow to have the seals replaced and the suspension revalved and set up to my wt and riding style. Wish me luck

What is this with washing DIRTBIKEs??? Ride them through mud puddles. Gets you and the bike clean. two fer one deal.

Tried finding that commercial link where the dude comes down and calls this guy "A SALLY" for washing his dirtbike.

I plan to ride today. See what plans the daughter has instead. UGH!

i just got mine rady for presidents day weekend

I m going from san felipe to bay LA with a bunch f other peoples

Rode it hard :applause:

Our winter up here in Western WA has been brutal, floods, snow storms, etc... we usually ride year round but this year riding opportunities have been far and few between...

Anyway, got some new backgrounds and #'s put on, new seat cover... still have swing arm / shock bearings, rear spring, chain & sprockets, wheel bearings and valve shims waiting for me on the bench in the shop... :)

Did around 100 miles today. Got to mix business with pleasure. Rode it around some land we're looking to buy. Hill climbs, swamps, thick brush, and Interstates! Got to love a dual sport! :applause:

I'm in the middle of doing maintenance as well as installing all the goodies I bought for it.And I think when I get my tax return back I may just get some new plastics and graphics and touch up the frame paint.

Steve

New countershaft seal, new chain.

Got the subframe back on after painting frame and partial subframe, Got the swingarm shock and linkage back in after an overhaul (paint/sticker) and new bearings, got the carb back in after cleanning with new fuel screw and fuel lines, got the E exhaust on, got the YZ fender on, the homemade LED taillight mounted, the Moose racing fender bag on, waiting on a seal to zip up the motor. Then I can start cleaning\tearing down the front end, grease the front wheel bearing, and replace the fluid in the brakes, that should be it.

DCFC00140.jpg

got ims tank, yz shrouds, graphics, hand guards, and seat cover:applause:

P1010056.jpg

Is that a WR rear fender in White? If so, where did you get it?

Thanks!

its a WR fender that i removed and painted myself. it was a pain and prob wont last that long until i dump the bike lol but i like it.P1010060.jpg

its a WR fender that i removed and painted myself. it was a pain and prob wont last that long until i dump the bike lol but i like it.P1010060.jpg

Looks good, I often wonder how well that plastic paint holds up...

Hopefully soon a rear fender and head light cowl will be available to us in white :applause: