vidstill3_zps329f9534.jpg

vidstill8_zpsf6dd3d56.jpg

20130922_101428_zpse14cb850.jpg

vidstill11_zpsf8ffcb31.jpg

20130922_101504_zpseac2d5ae.jpg

vidstill0_zps88a01db6.jpg

Edited by still2smokin
2 people like this

Actually meant to say wr250r vs wr450f. Looking at an 08 and 03 respectively. Is the 450 too much for a novice even with my street experience. Or is it something that if I take it easy I can grow into?

The big differences coming from the street will be learning to use the clutch and learning to ride on loose, unpredictable surfaces. In both these cases the 250 is a better choice as it's more tractable, lighter, and has a lighter clutch pull. Can you learn this on a 450? Yes, of course. The question is how quickly will you build confidence. I'd start with the 250 and resist the urge to spend a bunch of money on it for the first year. After that if you feel like you've outgrown it you can trade up. Unless you are riding fast, wide open terrain you won't get left behind because of your bike. The wr250 is a very capable woods weapon.

we received some moisture round these parts

20130921_141549_zpsf80fc12c.jpg

Best conditions in over 6 months ! 

vidstill3_zps329f9534.jpg

vidstill8_zpsf6dd3d56.jpg

20130922_101428_zpse14cb850.jpg

vidstill11_zpsf8ffcb31.jpg

20130922_101504_zpseac2d5ae.jpg

vidstill0_zps88a01db6.jpg

Why don't you use your kickstand??

This unscheduled parking event was brought to you by Carnegie SRVA.

Edited by still2smokin

My god your bike is clean. The head tube doesn't look as though is has ever got hot? What ya do to it!?

Anyways,

Today I dialled in the fuel screw having fitted the R@D flexible fuel screw. You gotta have it!

Recently fitted merge AP spring and new diaphragm.

Fitted GPR under bar steering damper.

Removed rear wheel for a new tyre, took it to dealer, dealer didn't have the right size, put wheel back on with same old tyre! Hmmm!

So here is my 2012 WR450.

These were taken in Utah a few weeks ago. We have been taking a week long vacation in Utah for the last few years. Great riding and a great trail system. Not alot of single track but 1 or 2 track, road... doesn't matter much to me as long as I'm not home.

IMG_20130916_163443.jpg

P1030775.jpg

IMG_20130916_163757.jpg

These are the upgrades I have on the bike so far. I have the GYTR skid plate and radiator guards on the bike. IMS 3gal fuel tank. Seat Concepts seat. Garim 62s. Stock exhaust but the pee shooter is removed. GYTR ecm and reprogrammer. Throttle stop replaced. And the trailer to get me anyplace I want to go.

WR450.jpg

4 people like this

Just bought myself a 2004 wr450 a few days back.  :ride: 
As it came with a heap of extras, and i had time to spare, i installed the following:

Whipps bashplate
acerbis handguards
Sgb gripper seat
Renthal gold bars
Clark long range tank with dual reserve setup  :thumbsup: 
And an aussie made staintune exhaust.
Oh, and a fresh set of radiator shrouds and graphics.

Looks awesome all kitted out, but i must say i am very impressed with this bike even though its an 04.
Love the power of this trails weapon but only time will tell in reliability department :D  
Lets hope this yami outlasts me  :confused: 

1 person likes this

Just bought myself a 2004 wr450 a few days back.  :ride: 

As it came with a heap of extras, and i had time to spare, i installed the following:

Whipps bashplate

acerbis handguards

Sgb gripper seat

Renthal gold bars

Clark long range tank with dual reserve setup  :thumbsup: 

And an aussie made staintune exhaust.

Oh, and a fresh set of radiator shrouds and graphics.

Looks awesome all kitted out, but i must say i am very impressed with this bike even though its an 04.

Love the power of this trails weapon but only time will tell in reliability department :D  

Lets hope this yami outlasts me  :confused: 

This would be better with pictures!

Well, phone is stuffed...after my tantrum because the photos wouldn't load  :smashpc:  ohh well..

Here is the only picture i have on my pc. This has all the mods listed installed, except for the long range tank. Will try to get more up soon if it interests anyone  :D 

2013-10-06 16.28.29.jpg

1 person likes this

I started getting ready for its first major adventure. 500 miles 3 days. Central NV. 

51ABE221-6736-476C-9F85-FFECF815260E-453

1 person likes this

IMG_7333.JPGIMG_7389.JPGIMG_7391.JPGIMG_7392.JPGThis is my dual sport (mx-desert) 2012 WR40 w/many mods.

Edited by WR 911
1 person likes this