2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,495 posts in this topic

So I retarded the exhaust cam a tooth and ground down the decomp pin about 1mm/ .040 in a few weeks ago .

Notice I said "about" :banghead: ,   well apparently I went to far.  I ground down to .040 and then rounded/polished it ,

which then measured .049 :rant: . Oh well I tried it any way , the extra power is nice however it became damn near

impossible to start because the decomp was not right.  

I put back in the other stock exhaust cam I have and it starts super easy again. 

I screwed up this mod and should have just ponied up the $180 for the YZ cam . 

IMG4545_zps0656884f.jpg

IMG_0479_zps73485659.jpg

you can get a cam off Ebay for way less than 180. I got one for like 112 brand new. The bike fires up fine on the E start you just have to give it a hair of gas at the right time. 

2 people like this

9568756682_580e0c21a2_b.jpg

9565963749_420cb37b4b_h.jpg

9565962473_c49fe4fc33_h.jpg

9568758052_b278f8a29d_c.jpg

9568759720_6469750e28_c.jpg

her home made pot pie, still hot :)
9568759132_ed12f15b5b_b.jpg

Edited by n16ht5
4 people like this

Rustoleum ,just did it,and I am sure it won't last long. But I have a lot of cans ,so I will just keep it painted.

Installed a GPS that is waytoo big. 

130F85DC-01EE-41FB-B539-63B4D53C05FC-133

Oh I don't know. My old eyes kind of like it. ;-)

Did the Beehive Enduro in South Jersey today.  Unfortunately GoPro was nearly full so I missed a lot of good footage.

1 person likes this

Oh I don't know. My old eyes kind of like it. ;-)

one wreck and that thing is toast!!

1 person likes this

We finally got some rain!  I fornicated with my WR in the best conditions we've had in a few months.

3 people like this

Finally got around to changing the NJ MC title for my 09 WR. It was titled as an MC in NJ. Sure enough, it came through as MC in PA. Bill of sale and signed title and I walked out of the DMV with a title, registration and a plate. Couldn't be happier. Now to plan my dual sport setup and supermoto wheels.

2 people like this

I put new stainless steel bolts on the ends of the exhaust. I tried to put new bolts on the kick stand and stripped out the bottom bolt. Hopefully I can slide the chain tensioner over with a washer to make the bolt for the kick stand go through that way.Its a real bich not having a kick stand.I was thinking of having it welded to the frame,no more bolts.

Not being the most bike technical person in the world, I am quite pleased that I addressed my hard starting issue by measuring and adjusting the valves.

Both Exhaust and 1 of the Intake cam clearances were too tight, so I bought a Hot Cams kit and put in smaller shims.

Not a real big deal job to most people, but it starts and runs like a champ and more importantly, I'm not intimidated by the prospect of doing it again.

4 people like this

Man, you always take the best pics, how come you took the trials tire off?

thanks... I found that you can as good of traction with a knobby + tubliss at 2-3psi.. and don't have to worry about flats all the time.