_MG_1536.JPG

watched the sunset over Mt Pilchuck

_MG_1559.JPG

_MG_1561.JPG

_MG_1579.JPG

Pilchuck1.jpg

Edited by n16ht5
4 people like this

The pit.jpg We call this Jabbas Pit, there is two step up's before and I always get stuck on the second one. At least it didn't have any snow in it. Edited by cwallershasta
3 people like this

The pit.jpg We call this Jabbas Pit, there is two step up's before and I always get stuck on the second one. At least it didn't have any snow in it.

Where is this? I will be in Utah in June on vacation for 2 weeks. Will have WR.. We are doing Zion/Bryce/Capitol Reef/Canyonlands/Lake Powell areas.

Nope that is for the Rhino Got to have something to haul the little kiddos around till they can get there legs over a dirt bike Quads are out lawed in my house

Oh my.....you own a quad????

I have a quad. Works great for hauling firewood and clearing trials for my dirt bike.

1 person likes this

I have a quad. Works great for hauling firewood and clearing trials for my dirt bike.

This ^

My boys and I have bikes, but the wifey refuses and still has her quad.... wonderful campsite rig to run up and refill the firewood, and also makes a great sled pulling machine to yank the kids around the subdivision when it snows.

1 person likes this

I have a Grizzley 660 and couldn't see myself without a fourwheeler. Other than collecting dust it serves well for hauling stuff, camping off it, fishing off it, good bike rescue vehicle, taking a date out on it, and letting the nieghbor borrow it all the time. We have a lot of really good mountain quad trails to do some rock crawling on that would not be fun on a bike. But with all that being said it really is just a dust collector.

I was being silly. I spent last Saturday on a Quad clearing trail. I don't own one though.

Back to WR stuff fellas.

I stood, woefully, staring at my dismantled '08, with YZ suspension and motor parts patiently waiting to be installed.

The head needed a rebuild, so it's more dismantling, and valves and stuff this week.

Next week it will start heading back in the other direction....

2008wr010_zps7a9dfd52.jpg

I do believe I have found my issue......

DSCN1313_zps747d0502.jpg

This is the lead from the harness to the coil/spark plug boot....

and it should look like this...

DSCN1310_zps72e29294.jpg

For sure a new wiring harness is in order but just to ease the brain and wallet I am cutting the bad plug off

and rigging up some temp connections to see if runs longer than 5 min. If it does, I gotta order a new harness,

which is another $260 ish.and a few weeks out ( $ ) .

Just to recap ....new coil $140, new reg/rectifier $150, Ricky Staor-stator/PU coil/DC reg $190, new

OHM meter $ 50, new soldering gun and supplies $ 50 ...

as well as swapped in/out buddys carb and CDI $ 50 ( in beer ) .

Dont get me wrong I ain't complaining just more of learning things the hard way for me I guess .

Can't wait to get back out in the forrest on this beast.

Edited by still2smokin

Still2Smokin, I sure hope you've found the problem!! It looks like it's had a bad connection for awhile now, and has been "arcing" across the terminal, causing the erosion issue. If this fixes your issue, when it comes time to put the new wiring harness on, I'd recommend some dielectric grease on all of the connections to keep this from happening again. Good Luck!!!

2 people like this

I do believe I have found my issue......

DSCN1313_zps747d0502.jpg

This is the lead from the harness to the coil/spark plug boot....

and it should look like this...

DSCN1310_zps72e29294.jpg

For sure a new wiring harness is in order but just to ease the brain and wallet I am cutting the bad plug off

and rigging up some temp connections to see if runs longer than 5 min. If it does, I gotta order a new harness,

which is another $260 ish.and a few weeks out ( $ ) .

Just to recap ....new coil $140, new reg/rectifier $150, Ricky Staor-stator/PU coil/DC reg $190, new

OHM meter $ 50, new soldering gun and supplies $ 50 ...

as well as swapped in/out buddys carb and CDI $ 50 ( in beer ) .

Dont get me wrong I ain't complaining just more of learning things the hard way for me I guess .

Can't wait to get back out in the forrest on this beast.

Hell if that doesn't fix it and after all you have been through, tell Ms. Still2smokin I think you deserve a new FI WR model.

1 person likes this

This ^

My boys and I have bikes, but the wifey refuses and still has her quad.... wonderful campsite rig to run up and refill the firewood, and also makes a great sled pulling machine to yank the kids around the subdivision when it snows.

took Julia for her first quad ride today

Edited by n16ht5

Thanks for the support !

I put the harness back in with my temp connections in place, had my buddy kick it once...

IMG3078_zpse2568929.jpg

and of course it ran great, notice the hot header.....in the garage as usual. Gonna ride it this weekend to be sure.

I am pretty sure this was the issue. I am also pretty sure "Mrs. Smokin" aint gonna be too happy when another

package shows up for the bike ( new harnesess ), Should be ordered by mon-tues. But untill then I can re-live some

good shit watching this........

Edited by still2smokin
3 people like this

Shipment arrived and installed on my 08´wr450

• big chinese radiators with blue silicone hose kit
  • Trial Tech temperature gauge with 22mm hose sensor
  • Fork works: factory connection .50 springs, all balls seal kit with valvoline #10 oil
  • repaired water pump leak by replacing shaft and seals
  • installed Ironman sprockets (13-48) with regina z-ring, replaced chain slider too (polisport)
  • tried to install works connection elite perch lever, but motosport sent me an YZ one .... #@@%&!!!!!!

I use the same gloves. I bought 4 pair at one time. LOL I like the soft towel like area to wipe my brow with. We sweat down here in the humidity. 661 had some like that that I used for years but they stopped making them.

Last 3 minutes is similar to the trail blazing we have been doing. Working on a 75 mile system about 2hrs away. Been following paint blazes on trees with no established trail. Romaniacs style. It is tough riding but somebody has to do it. We are about half way done. It is pretty slow going work, but lately some new blood has come into our club and the speed of progress is picking up.