2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,502 posts in this topic

Last night and this evening, I did the grey wire, air box, GYTR jetting, power now, air mixture screw, Dr. D full system, Quickshot 2, installed the re-worked suspension (Race Tech springs and revalve done by a local shop Nor-Cal Motorsports).

The bike is a brand new 2007 with 1.5 miles on the clock. It runs so much better I can't even put it in words. There is a night and day difference. It starts easier, idles better, wheelies at will, it actually feels like 450cc's now. In stock form I refused to even ride it (which is why it doesn't have any miles on it).

Beautiful day to ride in SW Idaho. Got to play for a few hours, had a blast! The bike is a tad bit high for me, will have to do some adjusting. What an awesome bike though!!

Picked up some new rubber front and rear and a GYTR skid plate now I just need to get my kids TTR125 done and out of the way before I can install it all.

Steve

Mounted a rear Dunlop 756, cut about 1inch off each end of the bars and installed new grips. Had to cut down and redrill the Cyra handguards to fit the narrow bars. Will see if they help in the tight stuff.

Just ordered my 3.1 Blk IMS tank, YZ450 shrouds, and graphics. Now just waiting for the items to ship:applause:

Just ordered my 3.1 Blk IMS tank, YZ450 shrouds, and graphics. Now just waiting for the items to ship:applause:

Where did you get those.......I want a bigger tank, but don't want the clear/white tank.........

I ordered a black one right from IMS,looks cool although I think the natural is more practical so you can see the fuel level.Dont forget to get a steel framed petcock so it mounts in the correct direction and YZ shrouds also.Contact me if you have any questions since Ive been there.

Re-wired in my permanent battery tender plug with in-line fuse, and cleaned the air filter. Now waiting for ability to ride. 0 degrees and many feet of snow now.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By cameron_yz80
      So I just did a rebuild on my 98 Yz80, and it wont start. At first, we put the gaskets on wrong, so coolant was leaking everywhere. After we fixed that, and put everything back into place again, piston went up and down smoothly, and it has great compression. The problem is, it does not want to start. Im not really sure what to do, because before, my compression was very low, so I did a rebuild, but now it still does not start. So I need help.
    • By yestertek
      Nice used vintage Don Vesco desert fuel tank for the Yamaha TT/XT500's. Removed from a '79 so may not fit the earlier models. In great shape, not sun-baked, Vesco petcock, Preston Petty cap and all mounting hardware included. Price is OBO plus shipping.
    • By macz400
      Selling my immaculate 2016.5 KTM 250SXF Factory Edition with only 9.6hrs on it since new. Has been vet ridden and cared for. I have a clean title in hand for the bike. Bike has the following...
       -SMPro Platinum wheelset and new Dunlop MS3 tires with only a few rides on them ($1000 wheelset)
       -D.I.D ERT2 chain only a few rides
       -Orange Renthal sprocket, and 13T countershaft sprocket only a few rides
       -Mapped by Tokyo Mods for U4.4 (still have standard map also for pump gas)
       -WP AER 48mm air forks
       - FMF 4.1 titanium slip on muffler
       Bike will come with stock header pipe but still have the FMF factory Titanium slip on. Will also take off the titanium bolts and Renthal bars and put back on the stock ones. Will aslo come with triangle stand, manual, clean title, extra twin air filter, 14T countershaft sprocket, WP air pump for the forks, half a can of U4.4 fuel, and KTM tool kit. NO TRADES. NO FINANCING. NO LOWBALLERS. Bike is in showroom condition and the Factory Editions are very hard to find used in this kind of shape or new. $6800 price is FIRM.

• By 505 YZ125
      I added skateboard grip tape to the frame by my pegs and on the subframe for extra grip.

• By cameron_yz80
      I just ordered a piston kit for my 1998 yz80, and it does not fit into my cylinder. I can't really remember if its a 47.5 mm or 47, i'm pretty sure it's a 47.5 but it just does not fit into my cylinder. My cylinder does have a big groove in it, so do I need a new cylinder for it to fit, or a new piston? Please respond ASAP!