2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,495 posts in this topic

I took the snorkel off my 2008 WR250Fs air box. It made a huge improvement!! It helped to get rid of bogging in the lower RPMs of higher gears. So far I've done all the "free mods"-- Grey wire, baffle removal, throttle stop removal, and snorkel removal. It's a completely different bike now, and none of it cost me anything! I was thinking about getting a FMF slip-on and re-jetting, but its running so good right now I'm not sure I wanna spend the money. I am thinking about getting hand guards- any suggestions?

what is your jetting?? Krannie is a pretty resourceful dude. I havent rejetted yet.. plug still lookspretty good.. might bump the main up to a 168. I use the stock Lexx tip.. I tied the others they sold, found the stock quiet one is the best all around. power isnt worth the noise

168 main

48 pilot

40 leak

1.5 mix screw

blue JD needle 3rd clip

I think I am damn close and who knows maybe my failing coil could have been the culprit (probably not).

This whole time I have been trying to adjust the fuel mix screw the wrong way :banghead: .

Which gives me hope that I can get rid of the issue, its not really a problem on the

faster flowing trails, but on the slow technical 1st gear stuff it causes a lot of stalling.

I looked at my WR and said to self , wish I could have DC power like this on my YZ250 ...

Why would you want DC power on your YZ? I have a WR400 and don't miss not having any DC power.

Studs, Snow riding , cold hands .... brrrrrrrr !!!!! power=grip heaters , WR no prob

Edited by avocasingletrack
1 person likes this

New spark plug, cleaned air filter, refitted the stock welded up muffler so i can repack my YZ can

I took the snorkel off my 2008 WR250Fs air box. It made a huge improvement!! It helped to get rid of bogging in the lower RPMs of higher gears. So far I've done all the "free mods"-- Grey wire, baffle removal, throttle stop removal, and snorkel removal. It's a completely different bike now, and none of it cost me anything! I was thinking about getting a FMF slip-on and re-jetting, but its running so good right now I'm not sure I wanna spend the money. I am thinking about getting hand guards- any suggestions?

Cycra pro-bend all the way! As far as FMF go with the Q-4 and keep our trails open!

Cycra pro-bend all the way! As far as FMF go with the Q-4 and keep our trails open!

+1 on this. I run Cycra Pro-Bends and FMF Q4 with the Mega Bomb. Love them!

It ran a total of 2.5 miles today !

Coasted 1.5 miles and pushed another 1 mile back to the truck .

Same thing as before runs great for a few miles then it just dies out .

It will only restart while holding the throttle open a little but still dies out after a few seconds

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH !!!! I am not a happy camper.

I have no patience tonight for trouble shooting but I am thinking ----- Carb, stator or CDI.

Weird it didnot want to even try starting w/ starting fluid, and when I drained the fuel from the carb

it seemed like a rediculous amout of gas came out before it emptied. Once empty w/ gas off

it would fire and idle for a while the die.

Maybe float/needle issue.

Luckily my buddy has an 06 wr450 and is willing to loan me his carb etc. to aid in

troubleshooting.

After it snowed all weekend I finally resigned myself that to the fact that I had to park her for the winter.Major bummer!Gonna save up & get a Timbersled snow conversion next year so I can actually look forward to winter for a change.Is it spring yet??

Kissed her goodbye :cry: , and stored her away in a storage shed in Baja. :thumbsup:

Now I can fly in whenever I want too, and ride in total paradise!!! :ride: :ride: :ride:

She's deserved the right to a nice retirement. She's been very, very, very good to me!!!

Finally laced up my new black excel rear and spooned on the tire. Waiting on front rim and spoke kit, new S-12 tire, and my suspension to show up. Hoping to get out and shred some singletrack this weekend. I need some woods time.

Uncorked my 450SM fully. AIS delete, Adjustable fuel screw, short throttle stop, gray wire mod, and rejet. My bike starts easier, pulls harder and runs smoother now. I can't wait till I can really get out and rip around.

Edited by Zabrow187

new graphics for the WR while the cold and wet months are among us

20121216_165004_zpsa0bc74c2.jpg

1 person likes this