2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,502 posts in this topic

I changed it up a bit.

ggggggg%2520001.jpg

Wow, thats the best looking Wr I have ever seen. Need more information on how you modded the front end to Yz, pictures would be great.

Ok so I did not wash it yet , but I wanted to post some pics of an awesome weekend with great friends.

DSCN0596.jpg

vidstill17.jpg

vidstill15.jpg

vidstill13.jpg

vidstill3-1.jpg

vidstill1.jpg

2 people like this

IMG_0596.jpg

and the scenery did not suck at all !!! :thumbsup:

DSCN0558.jpg

DSCN0516.jpg

There were a few casualties but a great time was had by all. Can't wait to go back to Elkins Flat/PiPI, CA

Edited by still2smokin
2 people like this

85 Miles! Holly crap where do you carry all the extra fuel?

Loaded it on the rack on the back of the van and bought it home after a 110 mile day including lunch at the Tomichi Creek Trading Post. Pictures after I clean up and rejet the old WR.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

7,820ft.. Two flat tires and 85 miles today. I am tired

I kinda hate you, just a little bit. jk

you get some seriously nice shots.

I kinda hate you, just a little bit. jk

you get some seriously nice shots.

:blink: thanks

that was with my cell phone :thumbsup:

we each carried gas cans and MSR fuel bottles to get that far.

_MG_2200.JPG

_MG_2214.JPG

GOPR2579.JPG

_MG_2263.JPG

Trails were not on the map...

GOPR2596.JPG

Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

_MG_2400.JPG

Flat front

_MG_2414.JPG

then the rear went too.. of course I only have one tube and the holes were too big to plug..

GOPR2639.JPG

riding flat 35+mi back to camp

_MG_2416.JPG

Edited by n16ht5
2 people like this

two flat tires at the top of 6,820ft Klone Peak on the way back

_MG_2419.JPG

Edited by n16ht5

Went for a spin before it got too hot and humid. Mates son had a decent crash on his XR80. Not hurt but gave him a big fright. Then I went and bought some replacement bolts for ones I found missing from the WR!

plate.JPG

Put my plate on after a long and difficult battle with the BMV!! I've never had so much trouble giving money to the government!

I did my yearly valve check on my 2002 WR426F today. Still in spec after all these years (never needed adjustment since new) and LOTS of miles (over 9,000) since I dualsported the bike 3 years ago. Cam gears and cam lobs still look like new. I change the oil every 500 to 600 miles with 15-40w Rotella T and keep the airfilter clean. What a bike!

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

D739 rear / D908RR front. BEEF.. these things are burly. Nothing even comes close to the 908RR front for toughness. holy buckets!

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

i like the shooting range scenery ! Anyway, I rebuilt my WR and finally got it started yesterday after putting in a yz stator/flywheel/cdi.......going to drop the oil, fix a few little things and take her for a ride.

1 person likes this

Sold my 06. I'm kind of sad. I never won any races on it, but I've done some of the best adventure/vacation type rides on it. Lots of memories of pretty places and good friends.

Now it's time to finish setting up the new 09 I have now.

1 person likes this

Took my WR/YZ426 for a nice long ride yesterday......runs awesome except batteries don't last very log without my WR stator thats being fixed. I guess it's time to sell the KX500 and buy a back up 4 stroker.