2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,495 posts in this topic

The guy at Taylor's performance, he owns the place and he's a good friend of ours and he was telling us his price

Then he is getting ripped off as well :/

I think I am on the 3rd clip needle, 168/48 50 leak jet.

I have some DOT tires you can borrow for the inspection. parts are about $100 for mirrors, horn, signals. I have reflectors and fender extension

wow thanks for the offer. where bouts are you? and what do you think i will be into it total to get everything i need to get a plate? still need endorsement too.

i dont get why our jetting is so different? my 45 pilot jet only gives me 1/4 turn on the fuel screw. doesn't that mean i need a smaller pilot?

I installed a '12 YZF450 front fender...I had to "modify" it a bit but it turned out sweet. Sorry about the dark pic. I'll try to post the other ones.

mybike3.jpg

They work great. Plenty of coverage, well made...I like them. I also bought the moose aluminum guards as well, but haven't installed them yet, so far I like just the hand guards.....BTW yes my bike is in my living room. No Garage to work in lol

mybike2.jpg

mybike.jpg

They work great. Plenty of coverage, well made...I like them. I also bought the moose aluminum guards as well, but haven't installed them yet, so far I like just the hand guards.....BTW yes my bike is in my living room. No Garage to work in lol

mybike2.jpg

mybike.jpg

I recently moved to a place without a garage or shed, and i rented a 10x10 storage unit for 80 bucks, month to month, no contract, and the first month was free. the lady was real cool about me using it to work on my bike and keep it there. its also right near where i ride. its great, i can take the sub frame off and just leave it be if something comes up and I can just finish it the next day. 5x10 would work also but the extra 5 wide helps for working on it...

not to mention it gives me an excuse to get away from the ole' ball and chain, hah

That looks really good on there.. But really, I would be more concerned about getting a skid plate and radiator braces/guards on first.

I made a spike tire for snow with the spare wheel.

IMAG0105.jpg

The front is on a CR wheel.. Need to get a WR wheel or hub and I will have a good winter set. Snow chains to go with too

IMAG0106.jpg

IMAG0102.jpg

I used super tough clear poly stuff to line the tube

IMAG0096.jpg

Lubed the tuewith siliconespray

IMAG0097.jpg

My snow chains (on my oldbike). Should be unstoppable

_MG_3641.JPG

Edited by n16ht5

That looks really good on there.. But really, I would be more concerned about getting a skid plate and radiator braces/guards on first.

I made a spike tire for snow with the spare wheel.

IMAG0105.jpg

The front is on a CR wheel.. Need to get a WR wheel or hub and I will have a good winter set. Snow chains to go with too

IMAG0106.jpg

IMAG0102.jpg

I used super tough clear poly stuff to line the tube

IMAG0096.jpg

Lubed the tuewith siliconespray

IMAG0097.jpg

My snow chains (on my oldbike). Should be unstoppable

_MG_3641.JPG

they are next on the list. As far as skidplates, I'm not sure which way I should go Carbon fiber, aluminum, or the poly moose one? Any help would be much appreciated

Edited by 11WR450

Aluminum all the way. I have mashed aluminum ones, if they were carbon or plastic they might as well have been paper.

I like my ricochet. Its made in usa and fits well

took her to the new track after i had the suspension done by total control with a light mx setup

came up short on this bad johnson

getting plastics fitted. love the rear fender sans tail light. new oem style graphics will go on this evening. still waiting on side panels, fork guards, and handguards.

bikem.jpg

bike3s.jpg

Is there a special procedure to removing the tail light? Or do you just disconnect it and forgot about it? I'm going to the yz rear as well.

I just unplugged mine and tucked the wires back underneath the seat for re use some day. My boy went to the yz fender as well.

Unplugged and black tape. Hopefully won't wreck anything. Will reuse once I get a dual sport kit I am sure.

Yup! Forgot about the black tape thing. That of course is a must! I don't know about the cutting of the fender??? My 18 year old installed it and did not mention cutting it but he did say there were a couple of small issues but he gotter done.

Put the 2012 yz front fender on.

I reinstalled the airbox snorkel, the amount of dirt that gets let into the air box without the snorkel clogs up the airfilter and cancels out any improvement.

I would highly discourage the removal of this item, its absolutely retarded unless your strictly riding you are bike on roads only..

DSC00110.jpg

DSC00098.jpg

DSC00112.jpg

I bought some new stainless steel hardware from lowes to replace the GARBAGE that came with the cyrca handgaurds...

After a very minor crash the aluminum bolt bent and plastic bushing completely snapped in half. I barely layed the bike down....

34rh8uu.jpg2ikw7d1.jpg

Edited by matthewbosworth

FINALLY got mine runnin. White brothers e series pipe ain't that bad, overall the bike is growing on me after all still needs lil stuff,big step up from 2 strokes... if anyone has any 99 wr 400 parts let me know, willin to pay