2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,495 posts in this topic

I dreamed about it. Four months and I come home from Iraq. I will ride and ride and ride.

i bet you wish you had it over there... :banghead::busted::D

Stripped down most of the bike, repainted the swingarm, frame is next, then a carb cleaning and put it all back together for spring.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=51757

Just finished putting white plastic and graphics on. Grease linkage and waiting for stiffer suspension and the snow to melt.

I put her on a Battery Tender this morning, No time to ride this week.

I keep hearing about these battery tenders....I have a '06 450 and have done nothing as far as charging the battery. I ride every 3-4 weeks. Should I get me one of these things??:banghead:

Rode Saturday in the mud, slop, and slick hillclimbs without a single spill. Knew it was to good to be true and it was. On the way home a strap broke on my buddies one month old bike and it knocked my three month old bike loose and they both fell off the trailor going down the rode. luckily we were not going to fast and the damage was held to a minimum but have still ben sick about it all evening.

Too cold to ride in Utah right now, so I stripped the seat cover, colored the blue sides black, added an inch of soft foam I picked up from the upholstery place for $5, formed and shaped it with a hacksaw blade and then stapled the cover back on. Also added the yellow backgrounds/numbers I got thru Attack Graphics at Rocky Mountain ATV. I'm ready to go for a ride!

MyWR-30k2.jpg

MyWR-30k.jpg

Too cold to ride in Utah right now, so I stripped the seat cover, colored the blue sides black,

What method did you use to color the seat sides?

I used a Marks-a-lot Marker from Walmart ($1.99). I hit it twice to keep the blue from showing through. We'll see how long it holds it's color. I had bought a gripper seat from Factory Effex but wasn't impressed with the material or the stitching.

Too cold to ride in Utah right now
I don't see snow on the ground :banghead: you should :busted::D :D !!