2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,495 posts in this topic

Sounds like a few of us had a bad weekend. Took mine for a ride in some slightly technical stuff, fell over twice. Slid 50 odd feet down a hill on my side. Scraped up my number plates good 'n proper (thank you Unabiker - you saved my radiator). Sunday was a bit better - went for a play in our 'backyard' which is some great logging trails and thick jungle. Got home, took the bike off the trailer, forgot it was behind me and reversed into it, knock it over (thanks again Unabiker) What an idiot :worthy: A quick pic from the ride:

IMG_1051.jpg

Got Back from a moab,utah trip. Rode Slick rock trail, kane creek and pritchett canyon in one day... Oh how I love my fourfitty... and oh how I loved watching the two smokers struggle up pritchett when I can lug right by em...hehe.

Canyon

Went for a little trail ride,

Trailride.jpg

picked up a little trash along the way,

Trashcollector.jpg

did a little hillclimbing,

Hillclimb.jpg

dug a little hole in the snow,

Sunken.jpg

and rode off into the sunset.

Topofthehill.jpg

Went for a little trail ride,

Trailride.jpg

picked up a little trash along the way,

Trashcollector.jpg

did a little hillclimbing,

Hillclimb.jpg

dug a little hole in the snow,

Sunken.jpg

and rode off into the sunset.

Topofthehill.jpg

Wow- doesnt look like much stops you from riding! :thumbsup: do you keep your radiators blocked off?

do you keep your radiators blocked off?

No, the trusty WR's will still overheat at low speeds, even at very cold temperatures. It was -20 yesterday and she didn't boil over, but did gurgle into the overflow bottle a few times while hillclimbing.

I'm going to try to install a thermostat to prevent overcooling on fast trails. I bought a small temp gauge to keep an eye on the heat, and now I have to somehow tap that into the engine side of the coolant and splice in a thermostat.

Hay Frostbite, what happened to your rear track unit?

I sold my track to Duckboy.

I actually moved south last December, and I sold most of my Arctic gear. Somehow, 3 months later, I'm right back in the Arctic, and even further north. I was supposed to be here for a short contract, but that's turned into 1 1/2 years. I flew my bike up, but I'm missing some of the things that made snow riding a bit more pleasant..

I actually called Duckboy last night to see if he was interested in selling it back to me. The new Attrax systems have a composite swingarm extension and I don't know how that would survive in the cold. The Attrax I sold Duckboy was the 1st production and the swingarm extension was solid aluminum.

Duckboy likes the track and wasn't ready to sell, but he said he'd look at the new composite units and get back to me. If the composite would be good for him he may re-sell me the track.

You're a braver man than me living up there. WAY too friggin cold for my thin blood.

Good luck getting the track back!

I put my 05 WR450 up for sale and bought a KTM 380 EXC. The 05 WR450 has been reliable but hard to tune. It never turned very well either. I will think about a new WR if they get fuel injection.

I pulled the paddle off my bike and went for a night ride up Hixon trail. It was slippery, wet, cold and Dark. What more could you ask for.

CIMG0510.jpg

CIMG0504.jpg peddle and whip mount

CIMG0503.jpg The Paddle eat my mud flap

CIMG0507.jpg

CIMG0521.jpg

I rode it for the first time off-road! (I'm a noob)

The Start

DirtBike-2007-1.jpg

Clean shiny and new!

DirtBike-2007-3.jpg

Not so new anymore, nor clean!

DirtBike-2007-4.jpg

Time for a beer! :banghead:

DirtBike-2007-5.jpg

Time to change the oil and do it again.