2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,495 posts in this topic

just finished my fork revalve.. took it for a short flat ride (felt good)...loaded it on the trailer for some testing tomorrow... thanks to Dave J he was a big help.. took a little time for the parts to get here but not too bad.. didnt always get to talk to him but i left a message and he always called back within a day.. and when i did talk to him he was always ready to answer my question..PICT0017.jpg

I drowned my WR 450 2005 in a river 2 years ago. - Found it back a little further down the river. - All went fine except the speedometer got killed.

As I see some people are buying new speedometers, I would like to ask if anyone would like to sell me the original one. - Note this is a 2005, and street legal.

rode it for the first time in ages... dropped it 3 times.. I am sore today.. may be in traction tomorrow! but I loved it!

went from this-

motor.jpg

to these....

utf-8BSU1HMDAyNjctMjAxMTAyMjEtMTE0OC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8Bbm9tLmpwZw.jpg

utf-8Bbm9tMS5qcGc.jpg

for what its worth-

sent the crank out to mr crankshft without a doubt great, absolutely fantastic service from ship date to return. vince called me apon the cranks arrival and kept me posted through the process....189.00 back to my door is really fair in all considering.

vince if you get a chance to read this, thanks again.

Took my trusty old WR400 in for Blue Slip ready for Rego.

Left it with them for 2 hours.

I came back and they sheepishly asked me how to start my bike.

6 guys from the service dept (car yard) couldn't start it :rant:

So...I hopped on, pulled the choke, and kicked her ONCE and Vroooom :smirk:

Must say I almost laughed out loud.

Bit stupid how a car yard does the safety check for a bike when they really know nothing about them.

i guess i could say what didnt i do! unfortunately im to new to the sport to know/be able to do my own motor work but had a top end done w/ je high comp piston, valves, timing chain. ufo plastics w/ yz rear fender and number plate. dunlop mx51's. T.M. design rear chain guide, msr front. and sent the suspension to a local suspension guy to have the "big guy" valving done. did springs last year and it wasnt enough. also did linkage and swing arm bearings. they had never been done and man i dont even know how they were moving. cant wait to see how different it is. next to come, some graphics to cover up the color differences rear rotor and new battery. whew. :smirk:

i guess i could say what didnt i do! unfortunately im to new to the sport to know/be able to do my own motor work but had a top end done w/ je high comp piston, valves, timing chain. ufo plastics w/ yz rear fender and number plate. dunlop mx51's. T.M. design rear chain guide, msr front. and sent the suspension to a local suspension guy to have the "big guy" valving done. did springs last year and it wasnt enough. also did linkage and swing arm bearings. they had never been done and man i dont even know how they were moving. cant wait to see how different it is. next to come, some graphics to cover up the color differences rear rotor and new battery. whew. :smirk:

just jump in?

its not your daily rider so take your time, learn the ride.

learn the bike.

I didnt do it TODAY...but ive been doing it for the last 2 months or so. more or less complete rebuild and transformation into a baja weapon. I leave tomorrow morning for baja. :smirk:

Safari trail tank, trailtech 35 W HID racelight, Smart Performance suspension rebuild

2yzdac5.jpg

339sw8h.jpg

I installed a set of Devol rad guards that I got off of fleabay on the cheap. Put in a new plug while I had the tank off. I also received my freshly serviced forks, new wheel bearings and seals, swing arm bearing kit, chain slide and brake pads.

I have a One Industries decal / seat cover set on the way... Hard to find for an 04. :thumbsup: I bought the bike used last summer, the decals that came on it are custom decals with the dealer's name, etc on them. They aren't too bad looking but they are starting to peel at the edges.

last night stripped the bike down abit more,snapped a bolt in the front brake reservoir bar clamp,:thumbsup::smirk: removed everything else on handle bars,hid all the wiring behind the new yz front race plate.

then today fitted my new fmf powerbomb header,waiting on bearings for the linkages so cant do them just yet or fit my fmf powercore4 muffler,put fatbars,one industries fatbar pad and zorst plug on layby.

so still waiting on linkage bearings and fatbar adapter clamps and hopefully should have the old girl running again soon.then in a couple months shes gunna get a new piston and rings and a 450f cam put in so i can have auto decomp.

Looked longingly at my 450F, then changed the right rear tube on the Outlaw quad and ran the kid's TTR just in case it doesn't get ridden this weekend. :thumbsup:

Installed my newly designed, front caliper guard. It's welded to the stainless steel "Rooster" front disc guard, and will transfer any impacts directly to the axle. A few weeks back, I smucked a rock at the exact perfect height to destroy my old caliper. Maniac

WR450 001.jpg

Feb 5th,2011 005.jpg

I didnt do it TODAY...but ive been doing it for the last 2 months or so. more or less complete rebuild and transformation into a baja weapon. I leave tomorrow morning for baja. :thumbsup:

Safari trail tank, trailtech 35 W HID racelight, Smart Performance suspension rebuild

2yzdac5.jpg

339sw8h.jpg

Nice! What brand of rear chain guide are you running, and what size sprockets?

I replaced my fork seals last night. I had scratched my inner fork tube on a rock when I crashed and blew my MCL out. I sanded the scratches and then put marine grade JB Weld in the scratches and then sanded them smooth. Hopefully it will hold, if not, time to find some used forks. You can buy two forks for the price of an inner.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Eduardo Stevenson
      Hi guys , how you doing , i got a problem with a YZ450F 2009 , Carb is missing, i was checking on ebay to get one new or used, but i found one for a YZ250F 2009, it look the same as the 450 , but obviously jets change, i wanna know if this carb is going to fit MY 450 , THANKS , if somebody knows something about this. 
    • By TheAirborneCheese
      I live in northwest Virginia (Charlottesville area)  about an hour south of DC, I am not aware of any tracks in the area that are either public (or private but allow people to ride with permission).  Does anyone know of any good tracks in my area?
      - Airborne
    • By Preston C.
      Hello,
      For this summer, I was looking for a project. As a desert/trial, and occasionally single track rider from Southern California, any time of the year works for a build like this.
      I grew up riding two-stroke and after a couple years on four strokes, I want to return to the enduro king. However, KTM and Husky sell their bikes for quite a high price tag.
      So, I have decided I want to take an older two stroke motocross bike i.e. cr250, yz250, etc., and make it the ultimate desert bike for significantly less than a new KTM.
      I am not loyal to one brand, but I have always loved Honda and spent a grand a month ago on all new gear with Honda's name plastered all over it. 
      I know all the mods I want to do the bikes to make them enduro/desert ready: heavy flywheel, 18 inch rear wheel, new exhaust, steering stabilizer, etc.
      What I need help in is I don't know what bikes I can install a wide ratio transmission in. I know yz250 can take a 400 or 426 transmission, but can any other brand?
      I would like to see a cr250 with the gears of a 450x rippin through the desert. I like the steel frame for off road use, and I just need some advice on the best bike for this conversion.
      Thanks
    • By scr200
      For sale is my 2007 YZ250F. This bike is very well setup for trails or harescrambles. I am not the original owner, but have service records. This bike has been well maintained and runs great. Starts first or second kick. Engine and transmission rebuilt about 10hrs ago and I just did a valve clearance check and shim. There are over $3000 worth of parts on this bike. I also have a couple boxes of OEM and aftermarket spares that I will sell for extra. Only issues are a leaky left fork seal (I have the OEM fork seal replacement kit and will include with purchase) and the radiators are slightly twisted, but 100% functional. I have two brand new replacement radiators with a radiator guard/brace that I can throw in if sold at asking price. I am asking $3200 OBO. Please contact me via email in Craigslist ad or PM me here. Located in Fishersville, VA.
      https://charlottesville.craigslist.org/mcy/6138892312.html

Engine: (rebuild @ 39.5hrs)
      -HotCam Stage 2 cams
      -Hot Rods crank (factory stroke)
      -New seals
      -Polished & deburred gears
      -Cylinder works top-end @ 13.5:1 compression ratio
      -Cylinder head ported and polished
      -New OEM valves and springs

Bike:
      -GPR V4 Pro Kit stabilizer and top Triple Clamp 
      -Rekluse Core 3.0 clutch
      -Excel rims front and rear w/ 18" rear rim
      -Dr.D full SS exhaust and silencer
      -Dual Sport Armory suspension rebuilt Spring 2016 and setup for 205lb rider w/ gear
      -GYTR skid plate
      -ASV un-breakable levers
      -CV4 radiator hoses
      -Tusk oversized radiators
      -IMS oversized gas tank
      -Hammerhead +10 shift lever
      -Hammerhead billet brake lever
      -Ride Engineering axle blocks
      -Tusk magnetic oil drain plug
      -Works Connection brake reservoir cover
      -TM DesignWorks chain guide and roller
      -Race Tech shock spring 
      -Acerbis front rotor guard
      -Rear rotor guard
      -Pro Taper handelbars
      -Cyra Pro Bend hand guards
      -G2 Ergonomics threaded bar insert
      -Motion Pro throttle and clutch cables
      -JD Jet Kit
      -Dr.D Wet Sump kit
      -Unknown brand taller seat
      -More on the bike that I've forgotten to mention

Full disclosure, here is a thread about some issues I had with the bike, but have fixed. The bike is running great now due to the help on this forum: 

• By Bryan Bosch
      Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing Rider Tops Podium in Belo Horizonte

May 21, 2017 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – With the four-day event cut short after day two due to environmental concerns beyond the event organisers’ control, Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Graham Jarvis has been declared the winner of the 2017 edition of Minas Riders having ended day two as the overall leader.

Jarvis entered the second edition of the Brazilian race determined to start things off with a victory. Ending a rain-soaked prologue as runner-up, he then went on the attack when the race entered the mountains for the first off-road day.
      Pushing hard throughout the five-hour plus opening day of hard enduro racing, the Husqvarna rider claimed a three-minute margin of victory to establish an early lead. Maintaining his position at the head of the field with second on day one, Jarvis was holding a two-minute buffer over his nearest rival Cody Webb as the race entered its second half.

But with days three and four cancelled, Jarvis unexpectedly found himself as the early winner of the 2017 edition of the Brazilian Hard Enduro Rally.
      With victory in Brazil, the Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing rider now looks to add one more victory to his 2017 campaign at Austria’s ErzbergRodeo in June.

Final Classification — Red Bull Minas Riders 2017
      1. Graham Jarvis (Husqvarna) 5:46:47 
      2. Cody Webb (KTM) 5:49:29
      3. Alfredo Gomez (KTM) 6:03:51
      4. Philipp Scholz (KTM) 6:15:01
      5. Paul Bolton (KTM) 6:37:28
      6. Pol Tarres (Beta) 6:52:57
      Husqvarna Motorcycles. Tradition on two wheels since 1903.
      Husqvarna Motorcycles are widely known and respected in the off-road world for a heritage of competition and numerous motocross and enduro world championships. Originally founded in Sweden in 1903, Husqvarna Motorcycles have been designed and manufactured in Mattighofen, Austria since 2013.
      Rockstar Energy Drink
      Rockstar Energy Drink is designed for those who lead active lifestyles – from Athletes to Rockstars. Available in over 20 flavors at convenience and grocery outlets in over 30 countries, Rockstar supports the Rockstar lifestyle across the globe through Action Sports, Motor Sports, and Live Music. For more information visit: www.RockstarEnergy.com
      Source: Husqvarna Motorcycles GmbH