2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,502 posts in this topic

Had head flow ported, and went with YZ intake and WR exhaust cam this time to retain the estart.

QUOTE]

Nice bike, I really like it.

Why did you go with a YZ intake cam and stick with the WR exhaust cam? My understanding is the intake cams are the same and that its the exhaust cams that are different.

I put a YZ exhaust cam in my 06 WR and love it.

Thanks

I had both YZ cams in last season and really liked it but lost the reliability of the estart. The YZ intake is a little more aggresive, should give some more top end, but keep my estart with the WR exhaust cam.

YESTERDAY:

I finally got around to replacing the steering bearings. They were ungodly bad, to the point I had to break them free prior to a ride. I know, it's retarded to let them get that bad, but with the 60 hour work weeks I've been putting in, that's how it goes!

165110_498532217616_526562616_6376076_6949125_n.jpg

Here's the bike with the whole front end off!

166801_498532237616_526562616_6376077_2923073_n.jpg

The steering bearings and wheel bearings were TOAST! The previous owner somehow dug up unsealed bearings... cheap bastard!

162741_498532282616_526562616_6376083_7369790_n.jpg

The remnants of my upper steering bearing... it was destroyed!

TODAY:

Went out dirtbiking in the downpouring rain. While I'm damn used to the rain, it did get a bit out of control quick. It was still fun though!

Unfortunately... I blasted a jump, put down, and then my exhaust bolt snapped off... so the exhaust fell off, and yeah... I had to limp on home.

Time to ditch the stupid white brothers exhaust in favor of a proper FMF exhaust!

167685_10150166691402516_554227515_8784763_580600_n.jpg

Today, despite the massive amounts of rain, was far better than the previous day of riding! I'm on the far right!

When it was practically brand new, I took mine to silver lake sand dunes in Michigan and loved it. I put an 8 scoop paddle on for my next visits though and holy cow that was much better!

i finally got around to opening up the air box on my 2004 (had it a few months now) and clipped the grey wire.

Now with the JD kit the bike is super smooth and throttle control is much easier. freaking fantastic bike

Sense its winter and cant ride. New wheel bearings grease shock linkage/swing arm steering head bearings unibiker, rad guards, TT skid plate used yz 450 carb & jd jetkit.

Grease in the linkage looks like candle wax?? think its still factory grease?? cleaned them up with breakcleaner and greased them up well. Thinking about replacing linkage bearings and swing arm bearings but alot of chedder for those $$

Put in the new Showa LiPo battery the other day. My FMF Q4 and MB header arrived today, but I'm at work. I'll have it on by Thurs. Gotta do some jetting adjustments.

Bought a HID kit from Coop, and may be looking to get it set up for plug and play when needed.

Next order: 06 petcock for IMS tank, YZ shrouds and new graphics.

Gonna wait another couple of weeks to bother DaveJ for my phase 4 order.

Put in the new Showa LiPo battery the other day. My FMF Q4 and MB header arrived today, but I'm at work. I'll have it on by Thurs. Gotta do some jetting adjustments.

Bought a HID kit from Coop, and may be looking to get it set up for plug and play when needed.

Next order: 06 petcock for IMS tank, YZ shrouds and new graphics.

Gonna wait another couple of weeks to bother DaveJ for my phase 4 order.

I need for you to discuss the Showa LiPo battery(Who, what, where), I also need to know more about the HID kit from Coop as well as who DaveJ is.

I need for you to discuss the Showa LiPo battery(Who, what, where), I also need to know more about the HID kit from Coop as well as who DaveJ is.

Search function is your friend:

HID via Coop:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=788305&highlight=hid

Shorai LiPo battery/Turntech battery:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=868551&page=3&highlight=battery

DaveJ at Smart Performance Inc.:

http://www.smartperformanceinc.com/

This:

2ch252b.jpg

Got my suspenders sent off to Smart Performance. Checked my valves. redid all of my hoses (radiator and carb lines). Rejetted. Changed my chain and rear sprocket. Just got my clutch perch/lever back from a rebuild at ASV. Put on new Spider grips and donuts. Swapped out my bottom chain guide that was crushed.

Some other stuff too...but i forget.

34h8605.jpg

I greased up all the bearings on rear suspension. The original grease looked good after 3 years :smirk: but I dont pressure wash my bike. Installed a new shoe on the rear too. Now waiting for better weather to go riding B)

Got my bike all back together last night and shot some Cold Cutter ice screws into the tires. I am going to race the outlaw Winter Stud Harescramble at Western Reserve today. Wish me luck boys and girls, because it's 8 degrees F above zero. This is gonna suck, lol. I will post an update later tonight if or when I can feel my fingers again. Check out their website www.westernreservemc.com for directions and start times.

This:

2ch252b.jpg

Got my suspenders sent off to Smart Performance. Checked my valves. redid all of my hoses (radiator and carb lines). Rejetted. Changed my chain and rear sprocket. Just got my clutch perch/lever back from a rebuild at ASV. Put on new Spider grips and donuts. Swapped out my bottom chain guide that was crushed.

Some other stuff too...but i forget.

34h8605.jpg

Nice ARin! Wait … shouldn’t those pretty blue hoses be routed to the air box? :smirk:

something seized in the transmission of my WR... so I threw it down the freeway at 75 mph

IMG00216-20110125-1111.jpg

lots of bumps and bruises... only blood here

IMG00213-20110125-0920.jpg