2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,495 posts in this topic

I'm in the process of pulling off all my aftermarket goodies and putting them in the classifieds section. Got bitten by the 2stk bug.

I have the same exhaust.

I assume you don't have any packing left in your exhaust and that's why it fell out.

I repacked mine around the baffle and it did make it a bit quieter, but mine has no end plates, straight through.....woohoo she was loud to start with!. If you have the end plate still in yours should be a lot quieter if you repack it and you won't lose any power.

I am down with loud, and nowhere I like to ride is noise sensitive... although my douchey neighbors hate me. I may just spring for all new exhaust. This one looks like it was installed by a monkey, abused six ways to sunday, and may just not be worth saving.

That looks amazing.

It is a testament to Yamaha that so many 400 / 426 are still on the road / trails. :excuseme:

WR400 Cleaned up, new parts and ready for the rains to stop in CA. I still really love this bike. 122210WRservice.jpg

WR400 Cleaned up, new parts and ready for the rains to stop in CA. I still really love this bike. 122210WRservice.jpg

Wow that is one mint 400 :excuseme:

Well decided my crank should be good, hopefully.....

Got my balancer shaft and bearings in, new camchain & rear guide, new piston in and started to figure out my valve shim #'s I need on my newly worked over head.

I had it ported, polished, new seats cut and new valves and springs :excuseme:

The work of art head

new038.jpg

new039.jpg

A work in process

new035.jpg

new032.jpg

SWEET!

I know what you're saying .... I doubt I will ever sell my four2six! :excuseme:

Well decided my crank should be good, hopefully.....

Got my balancer shaft and bearings in, new camchain & rear guide, new piston in and started to figure out my valve shim #'s I need on my newly worked over head.

I had it ported, polished, new seats cut and new valves and springs :excuseme:

The work of art head

new038.jpg

new039.jpg

A work in process

new035.jpg

new032.jpg[/QU

Did you port and polish? Or did you have someone do it?

Did you port and polish? Or did you have someone do it?

I had the head ported and valve seats cut by Mongoose Machine.

Best machine shop in western Canada :excuseme:

Porting and seat cutting is a little beyond me, not to mention the tools needed.

I had the head ported and valve seats cut by Mongoose Machine.

Best machine shop in western Canada :excuseme:

Porting and seat cutting is a little beyond me, not to mention the tools needed.

It's good to see a fellow WR owner take such pride in there ride. Makes me think about how long I can really hold on to my fun machine. Keep up the good work!

looking good Tribal... i went out and lookd at mine this week....

It's a long slow process. I've been doing the RM at the same time so it's been basically rebuilding 2 bikes from the ground up. Fit in time for work, the kid...

I should have this baby all done sometime in January here, which is all that really matters because the first riding around here doesn't happen till Febuary.

It's going to be better than a new bike. Big list of parts going on.

New

Camchain and rear guide

13.5-1 JE piston

Valves and springs

Jardine RT-5 exhaust

Balancer shaft/ bearings, waterpump impeller, seals

TT 100w Stator

TT X-2 headlight

Plastics

Graphics

Handguards

Chain,sprockets, brake pads

Rebuilt suspension and complete regrease

The motors all together now minus the clutch and right hand cover, just need to clean the plates up a bit. I went with the YZ intake and WR exhaust cam this time so I should have a reliable estart. I can't wait to see how she goes with the fresh motor, new exhaust and flowed head :excuseme:

Sure would like to have the tools, space and expertise to do what "Jandor" and "tribalbc" are doing.

But on a more pedestrian note, in the last couple of weeks I have...

Installed new rear brake pads

Put on new rear tire

Replaced rear sprocket

Installed new chain

Replaced front sprocket

Replaced chain slider

Installed new skid plate

Replaced front wheel bearings

Now I have to wait four months before I can ride again...arrrgh!

Had a really nice ride on the wr426 today. Did a dual-sport ride today here in the Denver area up in the foothills. Very little traffic out so was able to just take my time and enjoy the day. Not too many Dec. 25ths you can do that with out snow up there and cold temps.

Hope all had a Merry Christmas.