2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,502 posts in this topic

Changed the oil on my WR400 and installed a reusable stainless steel oil filter. The oil filter is a bit of a nightmare to install though as I have to loosen the exhaust! Argh!

I then tried to install the new swingarm chain rub guard, but sure enough MSR doesn't have their dimensions right or something, so it didn't go on quite right, and I got mad, and I forced it on and probably made things pretty grim for next time I need to change it out. God darnit...

Be carefull. Easy to make a bike look silly when overdone.

Yea I agree hence having only blue, White and silver... I will be putting the blue Yamaha swing arm stickers on to cancel out some of the White :excuseme: so should look great when it's done I hope :smirk:

Thanks to Jarod17 I got myself a 2006 YZ450 exhaust cam to put in my 2006 WR450.

I have done a lot of reading on here stating that it really makes a difference on the WR. Originally, I wanted the wR for the heavy flywheel and lights. After putting the RevLok Dynaring on I wanted harder hitting power and know that the RevLok would really handle it nicely.

I pulled the top off, checked the valve clearances before I got started and found I am on the low side so I pulled the caps, figured out what shims I needed to put me back on the high side of the clearances and now when I get a minute (tonight) I will put it all back together with the new exhaust cam.

Can't wait to try it with the new cam in it.

Thanks to Jarod17 I got myself a 2006 YZ450 exhaust cam to put in my 2006 WR450.

I have done a lot of reading on here stating that it really makes a difference on the WR. Originally, I wanted the wR for the heavy flywheel and lights. After putting the RevLok Dynaring on I wanted harder hitting power and know that the RevLok would really handle it nicely.

I pulled the top off, checked the valve clearances before I got started and found I am on the low side so I pulled the caps, figured out what shims I needed to put me back on the high side of the clearances and now when I get a minute (tonight) I will put it all back together with the new exhaust cam.

Can't wait to try it with the new cam in it.

If the valve clearances are in the tight end of spec, but in spec, leave them.

That's the way they set them up from the factory. Better for the valves to be on the tight end of spec :excuseme:

Thanks Tribalbc, I made some minimal changes to the shims and now I beleive they are perfect.

So, my WR is now put back together. Fired right up. I actually took it for a nice littel ride since it is street legal and was very impressed with the power. I can't wait to take it out on a trail and really try it out. So far, so good. It pulls really hard and for a lot longer now.

Installed a 3.6 Clarke tank and went and got her muddy and washed her.

I plan on doing the last 2 things again tomorrow :excuseme:

This week I put on my new custom graphics from Ridepg.com!

67bdfbe7.jpg

02176882.jpg

f9bb5bce.jpg

00f68621.jpg

785a85ed.jpg

034bc1e1.jpg

62193d62.jpg

Then today I raced a CRA (www.racecra.org) hare scramble at Lightning Raceway in Tippecanoe, OH. I took 5th in Woodsman class, 34th overall, 10 laps @ 2hrs 15 min, 48 miles. First race back after a month off with a torn shoulder, felt good except for my blisters.....

2bc51471.jpg

eddd3a7a.jpg

...then I went home and took a power nap and washed all the mud off.

36163_457586127616_526562616_5744454_3211390_n.jpg

I won a trophy! I ran the Trailsmens last event of the year, and it was a great time in the mud... rain... hail... raging river ruts... lightning... thunder... etc!

The bike rallies! Shame my friends 2-smoke fowled it's plug dead in the middle of it all, making me have to backtrack all the way to go get it!

@Jnicola

Good ride!! Bringin home the hardware for the blue team! Congrats!

I ran a 4 hr team race this spring with a freak hail storm in the middle. Hurts but makes you realize how bad a** we are for doing this stuff, lol.

slight miscalculation.... this is right after a really cool hill that i rode a really cool wheelie up and jumped the top lip of it... then a case of brain fade..

rough weekend, but great fun... broken front brake lever, front disc guard, creased back fender.. about 24 miles in 4 hours..

74439_166869823339480_100000493914558_489300_3857278_n.jpg

Went riding yesterday, had a great time and met some new friends to go riding with. Lots of slippery mud and no dust due to rain. Bike fell over at almost a stand still and broke the new MSR brake lever. Very poor quality. Put the OEM bent lever back on to keep riding. Looking at ASV or Sunline bendable/flex levers.

slight miscalculation.... this is right after a really cool hill that i rode a really cool wheelie up and jumped the top lip of it... then a case of brain fade..

rough weekend, but great fun... broken front brake lever, front disc guard, creased back fender.. about 24 miles in 4 hours..

Ouch :excuseme::smirk:

Ridings winding down around here, snow line's creeping down....

My WR's stripped to the frame awaiting rebuild...

Ouch :excuseme::smirk:

Ridings winding down around here, snow line's creeping down....

My WR's stripped to the frame awaiting rebuild...

it was a great ride... nothing on me hurt, so....

it is riding season here... saturday was about 50 degrees when we took off..

beautiful.. there is some great hc stuff on this ride, i will forward to you when i get it...

Dude, you could have wheelied through that! Next time pin it :excuseme:

Went riding yesterday, had a great time and met some new friends to go riding with. Lots of slippery mud and no dust due to rain. Bike fell over at almost a stand still and broke the new MSR brake lever. Very poor quality. Put the OEM bent lever back on to keep riding. Looking at ASV or Sunline bendable/flex levers.

I heard a good trick for levers is to cut halfway through them just a half inch or so down from the end Doing so makes it so as when you go down the levers are going to break there rather than somewhere else, kind of giving them an intentional place to break instead of hoping it doesn't snap clean off. This will prevent you from breaking the lever further down in the middle of nowhere, and being brake/clutch-less in the middle of nowhere.

Dude, you could have wheelied through that! Next time pin it :excuseme:

yeah i know... it just caught me off guard.. then my brain locked up...

I heard a good trick for levers is to cut halfway through them just a half inch or so down from the end Doing so makes it so as when you go down the levers are going to break there rather than somewhere else, kind of giving them an intentional place to break instead of hoping it doesn't snap clean off. This will prevent you from breaking the lever further down in the middle of nowhere, and being brake/clutch-less in the middle of nowhere.

Just a suggestion and from experience.... instead of cutting into the lever, put a reasonable size drill bit through it, it looks better and will make more of a clean snap.

yeah i know... it just caught me off guard.. then my brain locked up...

Aww dude, I'm kidding! That's a massssive hole and it looks like you ran right into it the long way. From what I gather, there's no saving you there, haha.

Just a suggestion and from experience.... instead of cutting into the lever, put a reasonable size drill bit through it, it looks better and will make more of a clean snap.

Oh hey, that sounds nice! What qualifies exactly as a "reasonable size drill bit" though? About how much should remain?

Also, yeah that does sound like it would break cleaner, and look cleaner!

1 person likes this