What did you do to your WR today?

Went for my first ride on my new 2008 WR450, (havnt ridden a moto since i was a a kid) love the bike to death! Very mild mannered for a beginner, i was expecting it to be more wild at all rev ranges (i stayed low to mid for a lot of today) which is great, but still gets up and boogies when you twist it (had to back off a couple of times to get the front wheel back down) love it

Josh

Have you done the throttle stop screw mod yet? If not, you haven't seen nothing yet!

:eek:

LOL no, from what ive read I think ill wait a while before doing the scary mods! Sounds like you can really open these things up

Josh

haha...yeah you sure can, i still havn't done the Hotcams but i've done everything else including a quickturn throttle tube and the first time back on the track after doing all of it i couldn't stop from wheeling out of corners and standing it stright in the air off jumps :eek:

today i removed the rear fender decal cause the white turned red in the sun somehow... tomorrow i've got to straighten the front fender cause the cover i had over it + the heat cause it to fold over ?

I feel like hit by a truck after an all day ride last wednesday, I'm even eating Astazan to try to recover.

As I lost all fluid off the radiator, I need to put a new antifreeze on it. - I have been buying some xtra expensive motorcycle fluid that has boiling point of +265°F. - But perhaps a regular antifreeze does the same anyway.

Well, as I have a temperature gauge, I could see that the heat of the water went upto 141 °C, so no wonder I lost the coolant.

I'm also going to change the oil, cause of this overheating.

As I was exhausted during the ride, a friend of mine switched bikes with me. He lent me his KTM 400 EXE (2006). - What a difference through the rough part. I often stall the WR 450 in rough conditions, but it rarely happened on the KTM. - It has a smooth power delivery, but the WR 450 is more like all or nothing witch makes it loose track in loose, hilly conditions. I also loved the hydrolic clutch and the suspension is smoother.

On my '99WR400 installed and wired new headlight, front fender, kickstand, and left side hand grip, because it always smacks a tree or gets laid down on a rock and the normal rubber ones rip, resulting in moisture under the grip and the grip slipping around on me. :eek:

Headlight: http://www.polisport.com/motorbikes/produtos.php?ID=43

Fender: http://www.polisport.com/motorbikes/produtos.php?ID=6693

Kickstand: http://www.trailtech.net/5002-YZ-WR.html

Grip: http://www.odigrips.com/intensedownhillgrips.aspx

My Baby:

photo.php?fbid=10150274537967284&set=a.428218447283.202639.515722283&type=1&theater

Edited by ArcticWR400
Fixed Links

Rode my '03 WR450 for the first time in the NC woods. Gobs of power!

It's quite a bit different from the 2 strokes I usually ride around here.

I can't get it to chug the way I'd like, so maybe I'll start a thread to get some answers to some setup questions.

I shot some video and we had a laugh as I was tossed around a bit and stalled it several times.

Hooked up a pressure switch for the rear brake light, added a mirror, and a street legal plate and registration :eek:?

LOVING the DS thing......

Have discovered the following two facts:

The Dunlop MX51 is not going to last long on the rear (I have a brand new Maxxis Desert IT sitting in the garage however, which I KNOW will last a lot better.)

The 14/48 gearing combo needs to be a bit taller. Considering a 15/50 or a 15/48 setup...leaning towards 15/48, but not completely made up my mind against the 15/50 just yet....

I need to do 100 KM/H or 60-65 MPH COMFORTABLY ( well comfortably for the engine anyway).

Not today but Friday Evening I...

Tightened up my gear selector lever... don't know how I noticed it was loose but thank GOD i found it before i went riding again.?

Then proceeded to get it stuck 3 times in the last 30 mins of a 3 hour long, intense woods ride... twice in boggy peat moss, once in a tree after extricating it from boggy peat moss...??

Talk about tricky... try getting a 300 lb bike out of a tree when its back tire is 5 feet in the air without flipping it backwards or dropping on yourself. ?

Went home, drank almost 2 litres of water, then hosed her down, looked her over for damage (all good). waddled upstairs for a nap. Rider's arse... ?

Went for a night ride last night after adjusting my new headlight and rewiring the high beam off and the low beam on... no longer lighting up the night sky, have a usable beam spread in front of me. Not as nice as i will have later on when I finally replace the stator for more output, but better than it ever has been.? Cops even complimented me on the install... lol. they pulled over while i was fiddling on the side of the road. Little do they know I have no blinkers or brake lights... or a speedo. ?

Went for a night ride last night after adjusting my new headlight and rewiring the high beam off and the low beam on... no longer lighting up the night sky, have a usable beam spread in front of me. Not as nice as i will have later on when I finally replace the stator for more output, but better than it ever has been. ? Cops even complimented me on the install... lol. they pulled over while i was fiddling on the side of the road. Little do they know I have no blinkers or brake lights... or a speedo. ?

Were abouts in the NWT's are you?

Cops couldn't care much except insurance up there, it's light all the time in the summer anyways?