What did you do to your WR today?

Did your WR stall out in the water? Mine has.

Yes it stalled and yes I knew better than to go in that line and yes I knew to reroute the 2 carb vent hoses but of course when you are riding your brain is MIA and this is what happens. It really did not look that bad...:ride: I could have made it easy if the bike had not died. Took 3 of us to get it out which is 3 less than it would have takne to get the old DRZ400s out.

Sometime this summer I will reroute the hoses. It is summer in CA we should not have any mud for at least 5 months.?

DSCN1204.jpg

I have been meaning to get down that way to ride some trails! Where is that so I don't go there?:ride:

That was trail 25 at Elkins Flat. Easy trail most of the year but one bad line selection and it hampered my progress a bit. Give it another 2 weeks and it will be a big deep dry rut that you scrape your footpegs on.

I knew better too but last November I rode a trail called Dead Cow Tube near Moab that had some water in it. The problem was I had crashed on an earlier part of the ride, tore up my knee from the crash(MCL), screwed up my shoulder and hurt my pride prior to the dip in water. My battery was dead and I had to kick start it with the bum right knee. I ended up pushing the WR into shallower water and gritting my teeth started it and hauled ass through it. I ended up having to ride it another 100 miles out to get back to the truck in Green River, UT. Fun ride but the visit to the doctor the next day confirmed a torn MCL and then next two months in a brace and PT sucked.

I have gone on night rides the last two nights. I love the smell of pine. I can't wait until we can get into the higher elevations to ride. Still way too much snow. I was hoping by the Fourth of July weekend but thats not going to happen. We are atleast two months behind schedule for that.

The stock graphics on my 08 WR450F were getting very shabby. I asked around and found Podium Graphix which is only an hour away from me.

I had them do a custom set for me...

DSC0008-L.jpg

wr08-2-L.jpg

I then took it out and got it a little dirty...

wr08-L.jpg

Got to go and wash the bike now.

Later...

Can you send me any pictures of your complete setup? I am really interested in what you have put on your bike. Looks gret from what I can see. Is that the GPS antenna on the front fender?

Thanks.

I rode mine for the first time!!...Just got a great deal on one last week $2500 for an 06 wr450 with 280 original miles,. Sent it to a friend that re-jetted it, put on a Lexx pipe, cut the grey wire, checked the valves. Brought it home and changed the oil and ripped through my field for the first time on it..That thing screams..I just up graded from an 2000 yz426

Can you send me any pictures of your complete setup? I am really interested in what you have put on your bike. Looks gret from what I can see. Is that the GPS antenna on the front fender?

Thanks.

Where did you order the black frame guards from? The bike looks great!!

Hopefully taking her to the track today... Was gonna go do the 12 hours of Glen Helen but buddies flaked. Oh well cheaper to stay here and ride then party...lol. Had a bottle of wine and a bottle of whiskey last night and I was up before the sun for some reason

Licked my wounds. I sucked on Saturday. I got some new gloves and I had a hell of a time holding on because of arm pump. Anyone else have issues with gloves either being too tight or too thick and really wear their hands and arms out? I rarely crash but I crashed one good one and laid it over in some deep ruts like 3 times. I run this trail all the time and never get bothered by them. The only difference was the new gloves.

Yeah, if my gloves are too tight, I wind up holding my hands funny and they get tired quickly. On the other end of the spectrum, I had a pair of gloves that were comfy but just a little too long in the fingers and I wound up catching the end of the index fingers under my thumbs. Not cool...

I put on my new California License plate... Wahoo ? street legal in CA! Not nearly as hard or expensive as I thought it would be. :ride:

Tusk Dual Sport kit - $160.00 (I am very pleased with it)

High low beam light indicator - $2.00 (Radio Shack) (required in CA and did not come with the kit)

Total parts cost - $162.00

Light Inspection - $50.00 from local dealer

CHP VIN Inspection - $0.00

Insurance $60.00

Street only registration - $91.00

Total Cost to have a plate - $362.00

PlatedWR450F.jpg

protection-protection-protection, i'm loosing another summer because i wasnt wearing knee braces, i ended with a torn ACL...i broke ribs because no chest protector last summer...etc...

when you ride i now wear the proctection...protection is not just for dating...