What did you do to your WR today?

it is not even the same bike after these two mods - while I don't open it up that far too often when riding the single track in the woods, the extra throttle is awesome when I'm giving it hell on a fire road or a sandy beach ?

X2

When I originally bought my WR I went to buy a DRZ. I raced the salesman down the road and the DRZ was faster in stock form. I told the dealer I couldnt believe it. He said to give him a minute and then he had the YZ throttle stop put on it and we raced again. The WR was now much faster because it could use more throttle. You need to replace your throttle stop, even if you don't think you will need the extra power. You don't have to use it but knowing its there is nice and as you gain confidence in your skills, you will roll on more power.

Have fun and be safe

196679_10150127178517617_526562616_6839934_7744856_n.jpg

Replaced my throttle cables as holllly shit they were bad!

I also did some basic maintenance. Changed the oil, cleaned the oil filter, cleaned the air filter (waiting for it to dry so I can oil it) and gave it a general look over.

I keep seeing everyone talking about JD jetting kits, removing the throttle stop, and the greywire mod. I should probably get the JD jetting kit for my 99 WR400, but after looking at my carb I'm not so sure I have a throttle stop like everyone is describing. The grey wire is supposedly already cut however.

Welp, no response. Oh well. I swapped out my original Wr400 rear brake cylinder for the 426 integrated brake master cylinder. It cuts a lot of headache out of my life, and after much bleeding and adjusting I'm sure it's an improvement over stock.

Since his screen name is Maniac, I'd read it as "the 99's didn't have the throttle stop change issue" as told by Maniac.

That's my take.

Unless for some reason he thinks you nuts in which case I can't comment one way or another!

Welp, I'm pretty much comitted to taking the suspension plunge on my WR400. I'll be taking the suspension in to a local suspension builder and having it completely serviced, rebuilt, resprung, and revalved for me and the type of terrain I'll primarily be riding. Looking forward to that!

While that's going on I'll be redoing the swingarm bearings, and the linkage bearings.

At that point, I'll have addressed everything there is there.

Next month, it'll be changing out the piston, and putting in a new cam chain, along with a hotcams exhaust cam with auto-decomrpess to make my life easier.

At that point, my WR400 should be completely sorted out and ready to shred for years to come!

Welp, I'm pretty much comitted to taking the suspension plunge on my WR400. I'll be taking the suspension in to a local suspension builder and having it completely serviced, rebuilt, resprung, and revalved for me and the type of terrain I'll primarily be riding. Looking forward to that!

the #1 biggest improvement from a mod you'll ever actually feel and get full use of :cheers:

Keep on going into the garage and looking at the 426 parked along side the FZR600R, both in full working order and ready to ride.

But I've gone and smashed my left hand middle index finger in a work accident an i can't grip the bars and work the clutch....So i am well f###ed off.

got my brake caliper, rotor, and adapter all sorted tonight. gotta cut down some bolts and get brake switch banjo and im set.

look out city streets...this machine is just bout ready to be unleashed.

Pictures please!!!!

well today i talked to a guy about my 99... he gave me half the money i wanted then didn't pay for 3 months so i repo'd it. now i'm talking about selling my 07 and buying the 99 back for what he already gave me so i have money in my pocket but he's got the rest in full for the 99. Havn't ridden in 3 months so i might sell both. I have no clue what to do :cheers:

got my brake caliper, rotor, and adapter all sorted tonight. gotta cut down some bolts and get brake switch banjo and im set.

look out city streets...this machine is just bout ready to be unleashed.

So how did you get a plate in Washington and are you the same shelbyguy on PNW Riders?

Steve

Pictures please!!!!

as you wish

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMDAtMjAxMTAzMzEtMTkzMi5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMDEtMjAxMTAzMzEtMjAxMy5qcGc.jpg

So how did you get a plate in Washington and are you the same shelbyguy on PNW Riders?

Steve

indeed! HI

um as for the plate- the bike was plated out of utah, went to change title...they gave me a plate. its titled as "cycle"