What did you do to your WR today?

I came home tonight from driving 2600 miles to find my dog chewed my right radiator shroud, right fork guard and front fender to bits, and chewed through the speedo cable.

I haven't even gotten to ride it, and I have to replace plastics already. @%$&ing DOG!!!?

Anyone have a speedo cable they aren't using from an 07-10? I have a lab to trade if so...

Basturd has free roam of the back yard, and we have a dog door to the garage so he can get out of the weather.

He just knows I love the bike more than him. It's a jealousy thing.

cute lirrel puppy!

PIX!

Bought new plastics to replace some of the ones the dog ate. Made an order from TT store to replace the headlight (I'll have a BD headlight assembly for sale soon, PM me)with an 07 unit, exhaust insert, IMS tank, JD kit, fuel screw, and a new Trailtech Vapor (a speedo cable cost $20 more than the Vapor).

Contacted DaveJ at SPI about my suspension rebuild.

I saved my Tusk Enduro kit from my last bike. I'm going to put the turn signals in Cycra guards instead of the Tusk D-flex. I like the white better.

By X-mas, hopefully I'll have the dinero for the FMF SS powerbomb and Q4Ti exhaust and DOT tires for my plate.

HID conversion by March, and GUTS seat.

Moab ready by April.

I gave my 99 WR400 a birthday.

I changed this:

MeKG2.jpg

To this:

gxM0r.jpg

New YZ plastics, tank & seat. Polisport MMX headlight and Ringmaster graphics.

Looks sweet. I don't think we can get those graphics here in the US. Too bad, they look real nice. I was checking out their website and it seems like they do it right. I bought One Ind graphics and was pissed, they are not what I was hoping for and hardly came with anything.

Welp, I didn't do anything today... but this weekend:

Saturday --> Hit up Eddiesville MX course and rallied around that course. I learned a lot by getting advice from a MX racer friend of mine. I had to replace my shift lever as it stripped out, but fortunately I found a steel one from the parts bin, mounted it, and with a lot of clever bending with crescents wrenches I now have a pretty legit shifter, but I had to ditch the chain guard (not the guide) in order to allow the shifter enough free play.

Sunday --> Hit up Lyda camp in the Tillamook forest (oregon) and rallied out archers firebreak, back, and then out chute and elliot creek and back. Damn fun riding, and I conquered a bunch of hill climbs and other crazy terrain that had previously bested me. I'm getting used to the whole "pin it and let the bike soak it up" nature of my WR. My old bike would just throw me off!

So yeah, lots of progression as a rider, and some regression for bike condition, got a long list of stuff to do over the winter:

1- Chain and sprockets.

2- Tons of bearings (swing arm, front wheel, suspension pivot stuff, steering head).

3- Get forks and shock serviced.

4- New brake lever (it's gnarly bent, previous owners idea of "custom").

5- Proper shift lever.

6- New rear tire.

7- ... other things I probably forgot?

Basturd has free roam of the back yard, and we have a dog door to the garage so he can get out of the weather.

He just knows I love the bike more than him. It's a jealousy thing.

Just busting your chops. I've had many dogs and while an adult lab is a great dog i've known them to be the most distructive puppies ever!

RP1320995.jpg

Can anybody confirm if there are white shrouds available for my 06? Id like to go the white fender / white shroud route?

Hey you can yes, this site may help im sure you can find a site in your area for the same currency etc. :excuseme:

http://www.acerbis.co/plastics_/acerbis_motocross_enduro_plastics/acerbis_plastics_-_yamaha_radiator_scoops_yz_yzf_wr_wrf

I am rebuilding my other wr this one is a 400 with a 426 crank, barrel and piston, but not sure what colour to do the engine... silver with silver moto wheels? thats my thoughts at the moment...

It would be great to hear some ideas from you all. best regards dale. :excuseme:

IMG_0164.jpg

I put new grips on the bike....................on the wrong side.....:excuseme: I never even thought about the size difference in throttle side and left side..........? Throttle side was a PITA, but it wont move...left side grip comes off and on way too easy. Back to Yamaha for another set of new grips. This is what's called a "bought" lesson LOL

I am rebuilding my other wr this one is a 400 with a 426 crank, barrel and piston, but not sure what colour to do the engine... silver with silver moto wheels? thats my thoughts at the moment...

It would be great to hear some ideas from you all. best regards dale. :excuseme:

IMG_0164.jpg

Be carefull. Easy to make a bike look silly when overdone.

On the new to me 07, did the grey wire, snorkel, replaced most of the dog chewed plastics.

Got my Trailtech Vapor today. I mistakenly ordered the wrong one (98-05), and called TT for an RO#. They called TrailTech, and the part kit I need is being shipped this afternoon no charge!!! That's F'ing service!!!!:excuseme: