What did you do to your WR today?

Pulled the pin and ordered up a bunch of parts for this falls rebuild/ upgrade :busted:

YZ cams

Cam chain

JE 13.5-1 HC piston

GYTR clutch basket, inner hub and pressure plate along with full set of OEM plates and springs. My old inner and outer hub is heavily notched. This was the big expense hopefully it's worthy......

Rebuild time coming some time around the end of Oct......

Cant wait to see how the E-Start treats you...Im on the fence about ordering a set

BTW what year did you go with?

08's as I got the 2 of them for less than the price of one new one from a TT'er.

I was just planning on getting an intake untill I found this deal. So I figure I can try it first with both and if I have E-start issues switch over to just the intake.

I'm hoping though that the HC piston will raise compression enough that the e-start will work :busted:

Thats a thought :busted:

BTW I was under the impression that all the power gains came from the exhaust cam NOT the intake???

Well according to motor builders SJMC Don knows the intake cam + HC piston is the hot ticket in the WR with no e-start issues.

In the August DB LA Sleeve also built a WR with just intake + HC and some head porting and was amazed with the power. They claimed as well that good gains could be realized with just the intake swap.

Well according to motor builders SJMC Don knows the intake cam + HC piston is the hot ticket in the WR with no e-start issues.

In the August DB LA Sleeve also built a WR with just intake + HC and some head porting and was amazed with the power. They claimed as well that good gains could be realized with just the intake swap.

Interesting...Are you going to be able to run pump gas with the HC piston?

Interesting...Are you going to be able to run pump gas with the HC piston?

Everyone says pump, but you never really know do you......

This was a big issue for me untill I found out yesterday you can now get race gas in my little town :busted:

I figure worst case scenario I will have to use 1 part race gas to 2 parts 91 pump.

Obviously would be a pain on long dualsports ?

I heard that :busted:

But then again, I have run some nasty Mexican gas in Baja and NEVER had an issue.

They seem to be pretty tolerant stock. I know I've had to run 87 before and had no issues.

When I had my old Husaberg that needed a minimum of 95 I used to have to carry a bottle of octane booster around when I went Dual Sporting ?

• 2 weeks later...

Over the last couple of days...

New set of dunlops. New front wheel bearings (that sucked). New mylers radiators. They are awesome. New Unabiker guards. Replaced timing chain. Engine is much quieter now. Cam cap bolt came out with the threads attached!!!. Fixed that. Found out that the '03 and the '04 use a different flywheel puller. that sucked. New Pro taper woods high and pro taper upper triple.

Set it for YZ timing. Wouldn't start. Oh yeah, turns out this was actually an '03 bike. Fixed that.

Ran it about 40 miles and didn't take a soil sample. A good week.