What did you do to your WR today?

Rode it in my local forest on fire roads and gnarly single track. Brought her home, washed and degreased.

Changed oil and filter (new stainless steel), new air filter.

Cleaned and degreased again while I had all the plates off.

Riding this weekend!!!

I spent yesterday wrenchin' on the wifey's Raptor. New twist throttle, large capacity oil tank, oil and filter change, new tires.

:ride: cleaned carb ,changed jetting as per JDs advice.added merge pump spring .set up acc pump.removed rekluse and fitted new hinson outer basket with new plates .refitted rekluse reset gap .fired her up .The old wr400 y2k sounds sweeeeeet .road test tomorrow as its plated and that will bed the clutch .then all going well hit the dirt next week end for first time in 2 years .wow is that gonna kill some muscles .:worthy:? cant wait

Thanks for the info on the skid plates!, I did not realize that they were plastic. What would be a good one to buy? (I ride over stumps and sharp rocks on the TT-R 230 with no skid plate now just a 'skid frame')

Flatland Racing in Kansas makes a very good one. You also can buy in combination with radiator guards (trust me here), which you should. Have already poked a hole in one. $300 to replace.

Got my 08 wr 450 sat, with stock dirt wheels and set 17inch excels!

By fri will have fmf powercore4 titanium slip on fitted, grey wire mod, airsnorkel removed and ais kit done, yz throttle stop and tps done, motomaster 320mm disk and bracket (for excels ) and ss braided lines. And track day Saturday:thumbsup: , does it get any better I ask you!?

Work done to '02 426:

-Degreased all the bad spots

-Turned Rear tire, lubed axle and bearings while in there

-Devol Skid plate and frame guards installed

-Installed Trail Tech Vapor computer

-Lubed chain

Interestingly enough, after I installed the computer, I pinched the wires from the computer that I'd sliced into the CDI loom with the tank bolt. This caused a frame ground, and no ignition. 45 minutes of kicking later, I back-tracked all I'd done and found this. Seems as though this could be one of those mystery reasons some bikes may stop starting suddenly, as this is a signficant pinch point for wires.

Future planned items:

-Make a mount for the Trailtech with aluminum to fit between bar pinch bolts.

-Order clear IMS tank from eBay

-Powerbomb header

-disc guards

-Plastics

-Valve adjustment and auto decomp HotCam (Winter)