What did you do to your WR today?

Installed Fastlane radiator guards. Right side mounted right up with no problems. Left side was a..... well it took some work. I actually had to drill the mounting holes a bit bigger to get it all to line up and putting the shrouds on is a real pain now.

Oh well, better that than crushed rads.

Lets see pics of that steed :worthy:

Lets see pics of that steed :worthy:

Im in the process of installing Cycra hand guards. Don't know if I go tthe wrong parts, if I am installing them wrong or what but they just are not lining up right. I have some different mounts ordered + an hour meter:banana: . Once I get those items installed I will post some pics.

Cut and bent and drilled new holes in my Cycra hand guards to get them to finally fit. Installed an hour meter / tachometer, cleaned up the modifications I did to my radiator shroud when I installed the Fastlane guards and FINALLY put that badboy all back together.

Then, like the traitor I am, left it at home while I went to the track and rode my buddy's YZ250 2T.

Thats because it is illegal to plate a bike in CA

Be luck you have an 05 that is plated...by the letter of the law, you should not have a plate on that either

I am well aware of the miss guided laws of my home state. The Guy I bought it from has an Uncle that is a cop and was able to do something. No idea how.

i've had mine insured for a while, but it currently isn't. I'm just gonna ride on the road anyway and if a cop tries to pull me over, i'll boot it off into the field. Where i live, there's fields and woods everywhere. That's my logic. We'll see how it works out.

And in keeping with the thread topic, i ust got word from the shop the the shavings in my oil filter were due to an untorqued clutch nut which i conclude must have happened before i bought it cuz i've never had the clutch off. A new bearing will fix the problem. whew.

i've had mine insured for a while, but it currently isn't. I'm just gonna ride on the road anyway and if a cop tries to pull me over, i'll boot it off into the field. Where i live, there's fields and woods everywhere. That's my logic. We'll see how it works out.

Being stopped by a cop would be the least of my worries if my vehicles were not insured. I could give a rats butt if I get a stupid "fix it" ticket for no insurance. That one is easy, just go get it insured, show the judge you did so and he will probably dismiss the case without even issuing a fine.

My real concern would be that I get in an accident (even one that is not my fault) and find myself battling attorneys for the other guy's insurance company or the private ones he hired to take my house and every thing else I own.

Good luck with your plan.

ya, that's true, but i only ride in the country where there are very few vehicles, and i usually ride in the ditch or on fields beside the road anyway. i wouldn't risk it if i was regularly riding with other vehicles.

Finally got to move my WR into it's new home ?

Been working on my new shop for the last year.

garagerobbietubingbday101.jpg

garagerobbietubingbday093.jpg

Rebuilt the forks and threw a YZ Ti spring on the rear

001.jpg

I like that seat... Did you have it recovered?

I like that seat... Did you have it recovered?

Stock cover with 2" soft foam added to stock foam and a little material around the whole edge of the stock cover so it would restaple. Had my local upolsterer do it, cost me $50 CAD.

What's wrong with the stock skid plate? why do people change them?

1- it's plastic so doesn't inspire confidence on heavy duty bashing

2- the design with the low cut in front of the engine works as a mud scoop if you ride in alot of mud

3- the design doesn't wrap around the water pump and ignition cover enough for crucial protection

1- it's plastic so doesn't inspire confidence on heavy duty bashing

2- the design with the low cut in front of the engine works as a mud scoop if you ride in alot of mud

3- the design doesn't wrap around the water pump and ignition cover enough for crucial protection

4- It does not protect the back portion of the engine frame rails