What did you do to your WR today?

Just regular header wrap 2" wide. I bought the 15' roll, and I will have enough to do it again easily for $15.00. Wrapped mine about 2" past header/muffler clamp. Get it wet per instructions, and really pull it tight as you wrap after first band clamp. It will smoke like crazy for a little, darken up, and then will be fine. It deffinately made a huge difference in felt heat where wrapped and exhaust at muffler tip. Who knows if it really works, but all the car racers I know run it. What the heck there are a lot more expensive things we try that really make little to no disernable difference at all. This pic is after I let it idle for a while. It is not done smoking but about 90%.

100_0073.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I put on a skid plate and changed the oil filter and oil. Well, I did the oil change and supervised the skid plate install.

My son took both the old plastic skid plate off and the aluminum one under the engine. He then bolted the new one on that replaced both the others. This is after he installed his GYTR skid plate on his TTR-50.

I told him part of owning bikes is working on them so he got his first lesson on 'righty tighty, lefty loosey". He even scraped his knuckles on his footpegs when the ratchet came off a bolt. I was so proud to see the little trickle of blood :-)

He didn't help me put new Bridgestone mx tires on his 50 today though. That was a PITA and I pinched the tube on the front tire so I had to run to Yamaha and get one. He should get more traction from these over the OEM tires.

pulled the cams out , gonna go to the shop some time this week and swap my shims , they were all a little tight .

6 years on the factory shimming thats not to bad .

anyone else notice the left exhaust cup gets a little beat up by the decomp pin ? is that normal i never noticed it before but mine is a little dimpled were it hits , not on the path of the cam but anyway i was going to quiz the shop on it .

just wondering if its normal .

Well it wasnt today, it was last week, but after blowing the motor 15 months ago, I finally scraped together the $$ and parts to put my baby back together. ( wasnt bikeless, I rode my trusty 2stroke during that time). Today Im using the ole WR to mark course for our race in a few weeks.

raceready.jpg

anyone else notice the left exhaust cup gets a little beat up by the decomp pin ? is that normal i never noticed it before but mine is a little dimpled were it hits , not on the path of the cam but anyway i was going to quiz the shop on it .

just wondering if its normal .

I dont know if it was because of the metal running through my motor of which caps were effected, ( the caps got mixed up in the box), but 2 of my caps were marked up, circles around the cap tops. Those aint cheap, up to $40 apiece, but found them for $27.

sorted the first oil change tonight,320k or 200 mile, what ever is your thing the post with bloke on the beach was hard to take as southern parts of the uk are under snow , which we dont really get so every thing has bloody stopped, hence time to do stuff in garage:ride:

why mod it right away, why not ride it a while and then add stuff so you know what the effects were? are you so fast that you ride to the full potential of the bike?

No sure who you posted this too but for me, when i sold my 06 it was completely set up for how i ride...when i bought my 08 it was two steps backwards as far as being setup. thus the reason to mod

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=711490

why mod it right away, why not ride it a while and then add stuff so you know what the effects were? are you so fast that you ride to the full potential of the bike?

I'm not talented enough to extract all the power the bike has to offer but I can tell you that uncorking and piping this thing not only increases the amount of power, but it increases the quality too...especially down low. That makes the riding experience more enjoyable ?

Still putting er back together after self destruct. Put cyl head back on, installed cams, new cam chain, torqued cam caps, ran and connected wiring harness. tightened up a lot of bolts, should be running tomorrow. just have to replace flywheel cover gasket, add oil, get new battery terminal bolts, bolt on the seat and gas tank.