What did you do to your WR today?

Last night I stuck some of the graphics and popped the new plastic on. The YZ seat cover even velcro'd over the original well enough for a fly by inspection, but I'm going to get another seat and mount the cover properly.

Now I need fork guards for the red graphics, new handguards (red or white, what do you think?), and a new airbox to complete the color change.

The kit came with red fork graphics, so I'm going to install them on the opposite side of the blue KYB stickers and then I can simply spin the forks to go from red to blue.

The headlight cowl also needs some TLC. For now, I stuck on the YZ numberplate graphic, but I'm thinking of buying a YZ numberplate. We're 24 hour daylight now so I won't need the light for a few months.

It's amazing how a little bit of blue spoils the new look. The mud doesn't help either.

whiteout3.jpg

This is what I'm shooting for:

RetroYZ.jpg

Looking good frosty! I would do white on both fork and handguards w/some red stickers to tie them in to the rest. Just my 2cents.

Thanks Byggd. I think I'll take your advice and go with the white handguards.

I checked out the website and the white with black lettering looks great and fits in with the white and black of the graphics. There's also a good chance that the handguard red wouldn't match the red of the graphics.

I'm on the fence with the fork guards. Maybe I'll buy 2 sets, and leave one white and cover the others with red stickers.

Now - black wheels or red?

I only rode the bike 1/8 mile to work and back today, and already rumours are flying. Half of the guys on site thought I got a new bike and the other half thought I had finished the fire restoration on the 400. Funny to me that no-one considered it was the same bike.

Honestly I would go with black. I don't know, red wheels just seems a bit much to me plus you may face the same "red doesn't match" issue.
I too would go black with the wheels, it makes the tires look beefier and i personally love that.

?:ride::bonk:

Last night I stuck some of the graphics and popped the new plastic on. The YZ seat cover even velcro'd over the original well enough for a fly by inspection, but I'm going to get another seat and mount the cover properly.

It's amazing how a little bit of blue spoils the new look. The mud doesn't help either.

What I can't figure out is why your side stand is so clean!!

?

dt80 but they are practically the same.

I have a what I was told is a GT80 that both boys learned to ride on but it has a place for a tail lamp to mount so maybe it's a DT80. ? Either way it's has taken a beating and always came back for more!

I have a what I was told is a GT80 that both boys learned to ride on but it has a place for a tail lamp to mount so maybe it's a DT80. ? Either way it's has taken a beating and always came back for more!

this is a gt

5b31e960.jpg

they had lights too, like i said, same bike, yamaha just changed the name in 80 I believe.