What did you do to your WR today?

I pulled it out to wash it  and put my new registration sticker on ........

but then I opened a beer ......so that didn't happen .

20150715_193638_zpsftauis1w.jpg

But I did ride it this last weekend for the first time in longer than I would like to admit .  

Runs perfect  , the suspension is a bit stiff in the slow stuff but damn near perfect in small jumps and the fast stuff .

Will find a compromise between the two .

20150711_095246_zpskfrxd2eq.jpg

vid%20still%2002_zpsrhsbk8cl.jpg

20150711_105116_zpsqw8gcq5n.jpg

I ate shit once but it was nothing .

vid%20still0%2016_zpspxbh14lq.jpg

My Seat Concepts foam and cover should arrive any day :banana: .

Edited by still2smokin
  • Like 2

No its pretty straightforward. The hand guards can be a little tight with the controls but it all works great.

The kit was easy to install,  save for wiring in the headlights (I am using a TT X2 with upgraded stator) and eliminating the additional On/Off switch supplied with the kit.    After a bit of research,  I wound up running the battery leads from the Tusk harness differently to use the OEM push button switch.   Simply run the black lead to the NEG battery terminal and tie the red lead to the two brown wires located in the factory plug at the fuse panel next to the battery.   Then,  you can connect the two red wires that were supposed to go to the Tusk switch to complete the circuit.   Now everything will turn on with the factory push button.

The multi-switch supplied with the kit lacks a diode that would allow it to turn both lights of the X2 on at the same time.   After contacting Trail Tech,  they do not offer a switch with the horn and signals integrated so I had to find a work around.  I wound up using a hot lead from the factory switch directly to one of the two lights on the X2 (low beam) and a second hot lead to the black wire Tusk Multi Switch.   I then connected the tusk high beam lead (blue wire) to the high beam on the X2,  so now my low beam is always on whenever the bike is powered up,  and I can switch the high beam on and off with the Tusk kit.

Note,  this was on a 2004 WR450F,  so other years may or may not be similar

Edited by Scoutman76

Finally managed to get my project completed.....  Picked up a bone stock 2004 WR450F a few weeks ago and tore the bike all the way down to the frame.   Went through the motor and replaced anything that wasn't in spec (not much actually),  did all of the normal mods/jetting, replaced every bearing in the chassis and wheels,  added the correct springs and had both ends revalved, installed a modified Tusk DS kit,  TT 100W Stator,  TT X2 light,  TT Vapor, Acerbis 3.3 gal tank,  rebuilt the calipers and master cylinders,  and finished it off with some white plastics and new shroud graphics.....Now just have to go dial the suspension in and make any jetting tweaks and she should be good to go....

IMG_3410.JPG

• Like 3

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1438460863.902751.jpg just got my 1999 ca plated wr400f on the road been sitting for 8 years.Traded it for a cj5,ccs racing suspension,baja kit upgraded with LEDs,jd jet kit,Scott fuel screw,14,50 sprockets and chain,aluminum radiators,unibiker rad guard,kenda Parker DT tires,yz plastic.I put more into it than it's worth but it's mine and its street legal.
  • Like 3

Went for a good 30mile ride today. New tires work great on road, still looking for some gravel roads or trails around here to have fun with. I think a new sprocket set will be on order soon to help me get up over 65mph. Noticed my sealed oil drain bolt has started to leak, guess its time to put in a timesert.

1438477437581.jpg