What did you do to your WR today?

AdjUsted chain set rear preload. Added some more studs and put 18 miles on it on snow covered dirt roads glare icetrails you can't walk on but the screws held great and didnt pull out or wear to much. Its breaking in nicely and I'm gonna order the stuff to decork it tonight.

Ummm, is that filter oil? I dont want to insult you or anything but thats supposed to be there...... dirty or over oiled air filter can cause hard starting.

It must be filter oil.I didn't think of that.Its ok i dont insult easily.I don't know much about bikes other than how to give it throttle.

Installed a set of Windam bend Fasst Flexx bars. They look great, but time will tell how much they help with arm pump and occasional hands going numb. I had some Pro Taper pillow top grips laying around, so I went with those for now (even though I got a new set of Renthal Kevlar dual compounds to replace the old ones). I'll look at getting my handguards back on after I decide how I want to mount them - not really planning to buy the very pricey BRP mounting set. I don't really need them at the moment since I ride a sand track and dunes mostly right now anyway. But I'm really looking forward to seeing how these bars work out.

Next up is to wire in a couple of switches to get rid of that light/blinker/horn control that is ugly and takes up space and doesn't get used.1389678376130.jpg

1389678394053.jpg

• Like 1

I put one of those tusk kits on my bike. Signal lights are realy low quality and most of it has actualy stopped working now. Switches are crap too. Honestly id buy just the harness, the flasher unit, the horn, maybe the bar switch just to have the harness. Sub in hdb switches and better signals. Hand guards in the kit are complete garbage. Good for wind only.

Put 20 miles on it. I'm up to 48 now. Wow is all I can say. I took a 4 miles section of snomo trail since well the 5 inches of rain lately peed on that season. Let me tell ya studded up on hard packed/ice groomed trail is awesome. Ready to uncork it now please.

I put one of those tusk kits on my bike. Signal lights are realy low quality and most of it has actualy stopped working now. Switches are crap too. Honestly id buy just the harness, the flasher unit, the horn, maybe the bar switch just to have the harness. Sub in hdb switches and better signals. Hand guards in the kit are complete garbage. Good for wind only.

Just finished mine and I agree. I guess you get what you pay for. I'm thinking I should've bought the kit from Baja Designs or SICASS. 

I just installed a Tusk oversized brake kit from RMATV. It's an easy job and everything fit perfectly. I'll take it out later today and see how much of a difference it makes.

Just note with the Tusk kit they left off the tab that holds the small bracket that stabilizes the brake line (2nd picture). It'll be fine without it.

1390167262037.jpg

1390167294069.jpg

1390167378404.jpg

1390167387858.jpg

1390167398891.jpg

• Like 2

Put my steering damper clamp back on AGAIN, damn thing has popped off at least 6 times now.

Swing arm pivot bolt somehow got way loose and swing had slop, torqued it back down and seems ok

but I am gonna change out the bearings anyway.

20140111_112442_zps3993b1f2.jpg

20140118_1210170_zpscf2f7033.jpg

20140118_134923_zps982670ff.jpg

vidstill3_zps1ed56038.jpg

vidstill4_zps12e8dd98.jpg

Been riding it a lot lately !  Running awesome and then ...... both legs got really hot and then the bike kept dying.

Opened the gas tank and a huge whoosh ? Go a few more miles and same thing .

Figured bad gas tank vent valve, right ?    Wrong !

Maybe this is why I don't see many of these IMS over size tanks , to close to the head.

• Like 1

Went riding today, first day in weeks that the sun was out and the temp was decent.  A buddy has 500 acres of woods, fields, and single lane farm roads with many stream crossings.  We have a regular course set up, sort of a  hare scrambles course of about 10 miles as measured by GPS.  It was major league muddy today.  Only fell once, right off the bat.  The WR ran great though, a little rich, need to drop the needle a notch. 

Before the ride.

2ntahh.jpg

After the ride.

214wa34.jpg

vn12y1.jpg

ad2fmh.jpg

riu1b9.jpg

Gotta love mud, until it comes time to clean. :(

• Like 3

Added Vibranators to my 2013.  Amazing reduction in handlebar vibes.  I used to get arm pump and tingling sensation in my hands on every ride.  Rode yesterday with the Vibranators.  NO tingle in the hands.  NO arm pump.  I highly the Vibranators.  I got the one that is screws into your handlebar ends so you can use barkbusters.

• Like 1

still2smokin-Yeah, so far it's workin', normally  I use silver duct tape, but I forgot to bring it with me.  I know I'm anal.  You should see my street bikes.

RockerWR450-You are so lucky with the weather, it has been miserable here in SE Missouri, tomorrow our high is supposed to be 16F with more snow.  BTW how's that Tusk front brake working out, any improvement?

• Like 1