What did you do to your WR today?

Hello,

I am still new to this forum and forums in general. I would like to ask what I should buy (wr250 vs wr250)? I have ridden ttr 125 and klx 250 4 strokes and am a novice to dirt. they are both in the same price range but am i giving anything up with one or the other?  I am 6', 200lbs and currently ride an aprilia tuono 1000r on the street as my daily ride.  I think I might be in the wrong section, but like i said, i am new to this forum and forums in general.

thanks for the advice

Hello,

I am still new to this forum and forums in general. I would like to ask what I should buy (wr250 vs wr250)? I have ridden ttr 125 and klx 250 4 strokes and am a novice to dirt. they are both in the same price range but am i giving anything up with one or the other?  I am 6', 200lbs and currently ride an aprilia tuono 1000r on the street as my daily ride.  I think I might be in the wrong section, but like i said, i am new to this forum and forums in general.

thanks for the advice

Well it looks like you have narrowed it down to the WR 250. It all depends on what type of riding you're going to do. If it's tight trail riding or technical riding I would go the wr250. But it's all around wide-open type riding I would also look at a WR450. The problem is it's very easy to outgrow WR250. You can get a WR450 and run the comp ECU and program it with one of the detuned maps. Then you can tune it up as needed.

I removed the starter gear and starter clutch from behind the flywheel on my 2012 WR450.  It weighed 1.45 pounds.   

Probably half that weight was spinning.  I haven't ridden it yet.   It should rev a bit faster and turn better.

My bike is now 16 pounds lighter than stock.

Edited by MidlifeCrisisGuy

I purchased my 2000 WR400 and it has a Yoshimura RS3 stainless street pipe on it, which was rather loud.  I wanted to quiet it down so I ordered the only available insert I could find for it, a Yoshimura RS3 "Offroad application" spark arrester/low volume. 

When I received it, I placed the insert in the pipe.  When I went to bolt the end cap back on, I noticed the pipe was too long and the end cap holes were far away from where I would need to install the  the bolts, so I had to cut off about 2 inches of pipe with a grinder.  Now I have the insert installed.  The bike is quieter and visually you can't even tell I modified the exhaust!

Installed a UNI filter.  

This is my first dirt bike (I am used to riding a 600 F4i).

Edited by IndyHooligan
  • Like 1