What did you do to your WR today?

Went to put my forks on. Thought the steering was super stiff so I loosened the clamps and a pile of rust and bearings fell out. ooops! Il get back to ya...eventually... And what do you know everythings closed cause its my towns holiday. 📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1376244319.621629.jpg

📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1376244337.603807.jpg

Gretting those collars off of the stem can be a lot of fun .

So I retarded the exhaust cam a tooth and ground down the decomp pin about 1mm/ .040 in a few weeks ago .

Notice I said "about" :banghead: ,   well apparently I went to far.  I ground down to .040 and then rounded/polished it ,

which then measured .049 :rant: . Oh well I tried it any way , the extra power is nice however it became damn near

impossible to start because the decomp was not right.  

I put back in the other stock exhaust cam I have and it starts super easy again. 

I screwed up this mod and should have just ponied up the $180 for the YZ cam . 

You got another cam!! try it again, and "measure twice, cut once." Use calipers and make sure it is dead nuts. mine starts better than it ever has after this mod. you don't need to round it off a ton, just make sure the corners are smooth

• Like 1

I got em off with no trouble. 4 or 5 taps with a hammer and cold cut and everything is good

Nice !  usually I just cut a groove in it almost down to the stem with a cutoff wheel , stick a fat chisel in the groove

and whack it with a hammer but , hey if slapping it with turkey and bologna work for you maybe I will try that next time.

?  ?  ?

Edited by still2smokin

So I retarded the exhaust cam a tooth and ground down the decomp pin about 1mm/ .040 in a few weeks ago .

Notice I said "about" :banghead: ,   well apparently I went to far.  I ground down to .040 and then rounded/polished it ,

which then measured .049 :rant: . Oh well I tried it any way , the extra power is nice however it became damn near

impossible to start because the decomp was not right.  

I put back in the other stock exhaust cam I have and it starts super easy again. 

I screwed up this mod and should have just ponied up the $180 for the YZ cam . 

IMG4545_zps0656884f.jpg

IMG_0479_zps73485659.jpg

So you had 2 stock WR exhaust cams?  You screwed up 1 decomp pin and now you have the other one back in the bike?  You want to try it again?  I have my stock WR exhaust cam just sitting around the garage....

So you had 2 stock WR exhaust cams?  You screwed up 1 decomp pin and now you have the other one back in the bike?  You want to try it again?  I have my stock WR exhaust cam just sitting around the garage....

Doesn't everybody have 2 stock WR cams ? :excuseme:

Oh wait I forgot, everyone's motor does not implode like mine.

IMG3212_zpsd1d7954c.jpg

And then I found a complete motor  with stupid low hours on flea bay.

_T2eC16ZHJHYE9nzpebHSBR_EpZNBdQ_60_3_zps

I don't know yet if I am gonna try again or just buy the YZ cam .    I could probably do a better job this time

now that I realize how much the scotch brite pad on the dremel can take off :foul:

Edited by still2smokin
  • Like 1

Nice ! usually I just cut a groove in it almost down to the stem with a cutoff wheel , stick a fat chisel in the groove

and whack it with a hammer but , hey if slapping it with turkey and bologna work for you maybe I will try that next time.

???

Wait... Was that supposed to be a reference to the subway "cold cut"???

Got her put back together today! Went on a 5min ride and i can really feel the difference between the stock and racetech valving. Still plush but no bottoming!

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1376956010.694988.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1376956026.135482.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1376956040.669041.jpg

Sorry. I just took the pics and it was a little dark out.

I also put bedliner on a couple parts like the skidplate

• Like 2