What did you do to your WR today?

2smokin- check your valve lash lately? I know, I know, not fun. Think about it though, tough to start, gets worse once she's hot (and the valves are expanded and longer). I'm willing to bet they are a little on the tight side. I have an 06, have beaten its brains out and never experienced any electrical issues other than a voltage reg blowing out. It still ran just popped headlight bulbs.

Have not checked them in about 8 months. They were right in the middle of the range, but I guess it couldn't

hurt to check em again, although I kinda ruled the valve lash out because once it cuts out I let it sit for a few hours

and the engine is cold it still wont restart.

IMG2560.jpg

My buddy loaned me his carb to try to rule that out. Now I just gotta wait for this Norcal mud to dry out a bit

and I will give it a try.

When I got the bike the rectifier/regulator was blown, it kept popping light bulbs, replaced it and since then

no more blown bulbs but something odd I noticed. The headlight is bright at idle but gets a little

dimmer with rpm increase. :thinking: Maybe that indicates a stator issue ? Dunno yet, just gonna start

swapping stuff out and test and retest. Sure would be nice if I lived somewhere I could just ride

out of the garage and take it for a spin.

I think its electrical but gotta rule out the carb before I buy a new stator or CDI.

Edited by still2smokin

• 2 weeks later...

Damn n16ht5... you know you are good when you trail ride with trials riders.... AND a dirt bike with a sidecar!! What is that all about? Awesome videos man, you are definitely hard core! Do I see a SnowBike conversion in your future?

I just finished installing the ProTaper riser bars and Guts Racing after market seat to my 2012!

2012-12-30_12-50-52_881.jpg

• Like 1

I put on a YZF rear fender, new rear number plates and # plate stickers with my numbers on it ....

IMG2714.jpg

Kinda thinkin I went to far ....not feelin the front number plate stickers...... but hell, it looked like this when I bought it....

DSCN0684.jpg

alot has changed in 14 months !!!

DSCN0685.jpg

IMG2726.jpg

Edited by still2smokin
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Prep for Enduro on Sunday. Changed oil, cleaned air filter, put on new Michelin S12 rear, installed new YZF front fender. Snapped a few pics since this is probably as good as it will ever look. LOL. Click on the thumbnail to make bigger.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Edited by Bandit9
  • Like 3