What did you do to your WR today?

• 2 weeks later...

After the above gave it a good wash. Have to make sure all the salt water is rinsed off!

Was cleaning the air filter (turps, soapy water, clean water) and a heap of the glue seams came apart. Might be able to glue it back together as a spare, but will pick up a couple of new ones. Annoyed that correct cleaning procedure killed a filter though!

0EB34028-091B-43B8-9E17-E8140BC7A70B-236-00000027AFE455A9.jpg

77EC43C9-0D95-4595-90C1-41BC837701CB-236-000000278B6966E3.jpg

Straightened this out

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Dunlop D739 on left, Maxxis Desert IT on right. Running them both on different wheels.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Dunlop 908RR. This is the only front tire I will ever buy again

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

New filter skins.. old one was CAKED. I run the stock filter with a filter skin on always. Keep a bag of freshly oiled skins in the truck

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Super-tummy tuck

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

super tuck - took a grinder to all the ribs.. then zip tied the upper half directly to the radiator guard. it is SOOO much narrower now. I was always catching branches and crap with the dang guards sticking out before. plus it looks 100x better.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

I found that if you run your tire flat with Tubliss you should really make sure to use lots of slime. I ran the tire totally dry and flat for 40mi.. it was scorching hot at the end of the day. I have run a trials tire flat for 50mi, but with slime in the tire.. it did no damage... this was from running dry..

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

went for ride

_MG_4142.JPG

Riding up a steep Jeep trail today had to turn a hard right without dumping her...and guess what happened...the horn honked...needles say it scared the bajeesees out if me...so what did i do to my wr today. Soldered a pinched horn wire

Edited by firejosh

• 2 weeks later...

What a fun thread, I'm happy to have a WR now to play along! No pics just yet, but I bought a plated '00 WR400 and have been swapping with parts from my '01 YZ426. So far, I have swapped the forks, shock, seat, and tank. This evening I prepped both sets of wheels for new tires that should be here Wednesday. Buncha parts should show Wed/Thurs and I'll have my work cut out for me, probably through the weekend. All in good fun! Need to sort out a speedometer for the plated bike, preferably something cableless/wireless...

• Like 1