What did you do to your WR today?

Just got back from riding it. Pictures are from my phone.

Last night I replaced the white OEM plasic with black and added a Wolfman Enduro tank bag.

2012-06-30_18-40-32_659%20(Custom).jpg

Earlier today I made an aluminum bracket for my GPS cradle which mounts using the rear handlebar pinch bolts.

2012-06-30_18-42-12_283%20(Custom).jpg

The 12V power socket and hardwired Garmin power supply got insalled last week.

2012-06-30_18-42-57_543%20(Custom).jpg

I'm still not sure if I like having that big tail bag back there. Makes it harder to get on and off the bike and smacks into me when I hit woops.

Edited by Alpha One Nine
  • Like 2

I tidied up the shed around my bike and re-arranged my tools into some old filing cabinets instead of the plastic crates they were in. Make it a lot easier to work on the bike now!

c5677cd6.jpg

Edited by td42ti

it's raining here in phoenix which means flooding, and lots of it. rode it through a ton of huge bodies of water while getting what felt like razorblades thrown into my face by the precipitation.

last night though i about drove it headfirst into the side of a van at about 75mph... was destroying a yzf250 in a race when the road turned and just on the outside curve sits this econovan. i grab the clutch, let off the throttle and feather the brakes - just enough to slide out the back tire - and barely miss this thing by about a foot. it was a close call, could have ended me. but hey, i won, so the end justifies the means i'd say :devil:

(sorry no pics)

Edited by dR0
  • Like 1

Just got back from riding it. Pictures are from my phone.

Last night I replaced the white OEM plasic with black and added a Wolfman Enduro tank bag.

2012-06-30_18-40-32_659%20(Custom).jpg

Earlier today I made an aluminum bracket for my GPS cradle which mounts using the rear handlebar pinch bolts.

2012-06-30_18-42-12_283%20(Custom).jpg

The 12V power socket and hardwired Garmin power supply got insalled last week.

2012-06-30_18-42-57_543%20(Custom).jpg

I'm still not sure if I like having that big tail bag back there. Makes it harder to get on and off the bike and smacks into me when I hit woops.

Are you happy with the Garmin nuvi? What model is it?

Are you happy with the Garmin nuvi? What model is it?

Nuvi 550 and I'm really happy with it. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles my brother's Zumo 660 has but it was about 1/3 the price and navigates routes just as well.

It's a rugged, waterproof, motorcycle friendly device.

Finished the conversion of all my 2002 WR426 hardware over to the 1999 YZ400 frame and installed a lighting kit from Baja Designs. I now have a street legal bike built for the dirt. Stoked!!! Took it for a ride around the area and to get fuel. Definitely dirt gearing. No high speed freeway cruising for this bike.

FrontRHS.jpg

FrontLHS.jpg

RearLHS.jpg

Last bit to do is check the oil filter for crud that may have entered the frame oil tank during sand blasting and then I can put on the skid plate. And I need to tack weld the kickstand nuts to the mounting plate to keep them tight so I don't lose the kickstand on the road or trail.

• Like 1

I'm fighting this surge problem with my '08 as well. I disconnected the TPS and the problem went away. How does the adjustment change? This bike didn't have a surge until this spring when I rode in Texas. The screw has not been loosened and the sensor should not have moved. Highly frustrated since the aluminum frame is directly in front of the TPS. May be switching brands after I fix this failure.