2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,477 posts in this topic

No new parts for me :cry:

Got my headpipe back from getting a crack re-welded though, been using stock system so it will be like getting a new pipe again! :applause:

Just finished putting the 3.1 IMS tank on.:ride: Pictures to follow when the graphics get insalled on the shrouds.

1 person likes this

Well it wasn't this weekend but I recently added the following to my 2007 WR450:

- 3.1 Gal. IMS tank

- YZ radiator shrouds (no graphics for them yet though)

- Gold Unabiker radiator guards (absolutely awesome!)

- F*Word Industries flag mount (great mount)

- Cycra Probend hand guards (very strong)

- Aluminum clutch cover cover

- DNA Extreme black wheel and polished hub with paddle tire

- Disconnected the TPS sensor until I can get my new muffler and bike jetted properly

- All free mods except disconnecting the gray wire - the dealer said disconnecting the gray wire is a hoax and not recommended so they wouldn't do it.

~Adam

1 person likes this

I looked at mine while I was backing the car out to come to work!:thumbsdn:

1 person likes this

stared at it lovingly and made brrrrrrrrpppp noises all the way to my car this

morning.brrrrrrrp HAPPY FRIDAY!:ride:

I just looked at mine and felt sad. Its all beat up from a crash last week and I cant even fix her up because I also broke my hand in the same crash. Oh well, it was bound to happen sooner or later.:ride:

I bought it a bastard step child...

1971CT70HKO.jpg

It's a '71 CT70HKO Honda Trail 70. The pic is what mine is supposed to look like, but the one I got is a little rougher. It runs, but needs some parts replaced or repaired. I'd give it a strong 75%. Now I have my winter project...SC

I washed, gased, and lubed it to prepare for a ride tomorrow. Sick part is I'm loaning it out and I'll be riding an XR650.

I rode wheelie's around the unfinished housing plots in the development until the jack@$$ that sold me my POS house got his fat butt in his x-cop :busted: car and came down from the model to bust me... :naughty:

I waited till he got all the way there before taking off and leaving him in the dust. :ride:

1 person likes this

Clark that is a killer Honda Trail 70! The first bile I learned to ride when I was a young one was my uncles Honda Trail 90. His next bike was a Kawasaki TR100; which I bought. That was a high/low transmission 5 speed (x2 for 10). Anyway....

I rode the "sh*t" out of my 07 WR450 this evening in the hills and mountains. The 07 WR450 is simply AWESOME!!!

My neighbor has a red trail 70 , but the pipe isn't as cool, is it stock?

My WR is sad, gots to work all weekend and leave the bike in the garage.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Perri07
      I have a 2006 yz250. It was fully rebuilt top to bottom last winter before racing started
      rode all year and it was fine
      the problem I am having after winter start up is
      starts no problem, run decent, when I turn the throttle smoke and. Lack oil spray out of the silencer like if I put a glove on there's a nice layer of oil

also the part of the carb that comes out of the tps and sits on the throttle slide. To me seems loose as in I can lift it to a point and it doesn't spring back. Is it suppose to stay tight to the top of the slide 
      it feels like it doesn't any force down till about 3/4 throttle when I hold it up with my finger 

also when I lean my bike over the idle picks up a lot

• By cosmoKenney
      2009 Husky WR 300.
      New top and bottom end.
      New brake pads and they were just bled. 
      Hyde skid plate.
      FMF Gnarly pipe and FMF Q-Stealth silencer.
      JD Jet kit.
      Comes with extra cylinder, head and piston. 
      Comes with lighter springs for the suspension.
      Pulls like a mule.
      This is an awesome trail bike. If you ride Georgetown, Foresthill, Elkins Flat or Chalk Bluff this bike will not let you down.

• By Steve Sutton
      Apologies for the long post, but I’m including as much info as possible.
      I have a 2-Stroke Yamaha TDR250 1KT, same motor as the TZR250 apparently.
      I just completed a top-end rebuild. I only replaced the left piston as the right one look good. Probably should have replaced both, but anyway…
      My problem is the right cylinder/exhaust gets very hot very quickly and smokes a lot. The exhaust is hot only after 30 seconds of idling. The left remains room temperature and does not smoke.
      I don’t want to ride it too much in case it causes irreparable damage. But when I did try to ride her, I can only get a few hundred meters before she cuts out. I have to start again and can not get into 2nd gear before it stalls again. I’d have to limp home at a bicycle’s pace as anything above idle revs kills the engine.
      Not sure if the poor running is related to the hot exhaust, or another problem entirely.
      I’ve done the following troubleshooting:
      - swapped around plugs – no difference
      - swapped around plug leads – no difference
      - swapped around Carburetors (but not the Jet Needles) – This then made the left cylinder smoke and the right smoked a little, but not as much as previously. The carbs are back on their original sides as they are specifically left and right.
      - sprayed carb cleaner onto the carb boots to test for air leaks and that had no effect.
      - Raised the Jet Needle in the right carb for a richer mixture – It appears to smoke less (could be my imagination), but it still gets hot quickly.
      - Checked the plugs again and the troublesome cylinder’s plug looks to be running very rich (all dirty), so I lowered the needle this time for a leaner mixture. Still no difference.
      I removed the exhaust and wiped my finger in the cylinder’s exhaust port. Looks like black paint!
      Has anyone ever experienced this and what was the solution?
    • By LilBraaper
      Hello everyone I am 16 years old and I was a quad rider ever since I was young. I had a ltr 450 that I sold recently. I'm about 5'5"-5'6" tall and weigh about 115 lbs. I rode my friends rm 125 just this past weekend and I enjoyed riding the bike! I'm looking into buying a 125 but I still cant decide weather to buy a yz 125 or a ktm 125 sx. Again I'm a newer rider to dirt bikes but I still know how to ride one and I'm also new to 2 strokes but I've been doing a lot of research lately and learned a lot about them and all the maintenance with them. I will be using the bike for pretty much all trail riding. I just want a reliable bike that I can take care of that will give me no problems. Any Opinions/Preferences? Thankyou Everyone!
    • By Darren Cieply
      When I pull the clutch in on my 2007 TTR 230 from anything 3rd gear or above it dies. Have to give it some throttle to keep it alive. Anyone know why this is? It runs and idles normally otherwise.