post pics of your trial bikes

hey dude nice bike but lose the number plate and put the stock fender on

Thanks, but I like it so that's all that matters.

Nice bike! You should put the fender back where it was though. Or at least the fender mount. It doubles as a brace for the front forks, and because one fork dampens compression and one dampens extention, it keeps them moving evenly. withough teh brace, they will twist side to side.

Well I have a 72 Ossa Mar and an 02 Beta but I'll do pics of my new bike. It's a 1980 SWM TL 320. I just bought it for the second time. First time was brand new in 1980, sold it to a friend when I was out of the country and he did not keep it long. When I got back I could not find it, kinda wanted to get it back. Was in a guys basement for 20 years just 30 mins away. Anyway here it is, someone tried to make a trail bike out of it, but she's still all there. Started second kick. I'll try to do some of me on the bike back in the day as well. I'm glad to have her home....lol DSCF0009.jpgDSCF0022.jpgslide42.jpg

wow, cool bike. extra cool action shots. your facial expression in the last one is great..... any chance the sunbeam is for sale???

wow, cool bike. extra cool action shots. your facial expression in the last one is great..... any chance the sunbeam is for sale???

You noticed that to(the Sunbeam)- I used to have an Alpine and picked up on that. The Alpine sat for 9 months waiting for 1ea knock-off for the wire wheels to arrive from UK.

You noticed that to(the Sunbeam)- I used to have an Alpine and picked up on that. The Alpine sat for 9 months waiting for 1ea knock-off for the wire wheels to arrive from UK.

I had a Tiger Mark II. I put almost 200k miles on it and sold it for more than I paid.

:thumbsup: that swm is off the hook those were sweet machines they made the bulls and montys look bad, also had a 72 mar when i was a kid my dad bought me,i would love to have one now to give to him
Well I have a 72 Ossa Mar and an 02 Beta but I'll do pics of my new bike. It's a 1980 SWM TL 320. I just bought it for the second time. First time was brand new in 1980, sold it to a friend when I was out of the country and he did not keep it long. When I got back I could not find it, kinda wanted to get it back. Was in a guys basement for 20 years just 30 mins away. Anyway here it is, someone tried to make a trail bike out of it, but she's still all there. Started second kick. I'll try to do some of me on the bike back in the day as well. I'm glad to have her home....lol DSCF0009.jpgDSCF0022.jpgslide42.jpg
I had a Tiger Mark II. I put almost 200k miles on it and sold it for more than I paid.

That is a MKII numbers matching Tiger behind the SWM, and no it is not for sale. Now behind that is a 69 OSSA Pioneer, that is the only non running bike I have. But it goes with the MAR and is a project for down the road.. I think I got a shot of the MAR, hang on. DSCF0020.jpg there it's an old shot but the MAR is a good old ride.

great vintage stuff phil. i have decided i need a 76 ossa 350 mar for my vintage bike. saw it in a flyer when i was kid and just thought it was the coolest bike i had ever seen. didnt even know what trials was.

That is a MKII numbers matching Tiger behind the SWM, and no it is not for sale.

There's very few Mark II's still around. I sold a NOS grill for $900 a couple of years ago that I had as a spare. I also got $450 for a NOS horn ring. I gave the guy that bought my car most of the parts but had forgotten I had these in my dad's house. If I would have kept all the parts they would have been worth as much as the car.

I made a pile of money off some NOS Daimler SP250 parts I still had. :thumbsup:

i used to ride my mar in 74 with bernie schrieber,not the same class,but the same club.i liked my ossa and am looking for one now to restore,with the exception of there terrible rear brakes

(Please help with photo posting)

After a year long project from the frame up it's done except for the seat and skid plate. Still looking for both??? Anyone with any info. on where I can get a seat redone to look OEM I'd sure appreciate it.

God Bless All,

Brad

PS: Now it's for sale :thumbsup:

A little tired when I bought it but a little tlc and a little more £'s on cosmetics and she's coming along nicely!

Can anyone help me out with a rattle that I'm experiencing though?

14102008156w.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgy-qXhfOzI

(I have also asked this question on the TXT piston slap thread)

Almost seems like it's something other than the engine. Start it up and pull the tank. I find that every now and then it goes on in a way that lets it rattle against the frame...

Edit: nevermind, I just read the other thread

If it is what I heard right there in the last second or two, that isn't the engine. It sounds a lot more like a metallic part hitting a resonance.

Do you have a floating front disc? My Montesa was making a rattle sort of like that and it was the floating front disc and completely normal.

My GasGas was making a noise sort of like this and it turned out to be the screw that threads into the number plate that holds the front brake cable routing loop. When I didn't have a number plate it was just rattling down on the edge of the fork. No problem, but it was good to figure out what it was.

Could it be something inside the muffler that has delaminated?

I'm sure you've done it but check the bolts holding the:

Skidplate

Muffler

Air box

Fenders

Good luck,

John

and ur snail adjusters are upside down

great observation red!its not the top end rattling,the pro gasgas are kind of noisy motors internally,but quiet up a little when the clutch is pulled in.sounds like body parts,i wouldnt worry about it